1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY 4X DVD-R discs from Meritline

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by shark29, Mar 24, 2005.

1. shark29

shark29 Member

Yes, I know there are other posts for these but they were all from the TY sale at supermediastore. This is my FIRST online purchase of discs and I ordered 2 spindles. I had been buying 50 pks of 4X +R Verbatim's for $18 at Sam's but they are all out now. Just wondering if anyone else has purchased these from meritline and if they show made in Japan or Taiwan, and also what their media code was - TYG01 or TYG02.

2. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

tygo1 and no problems have 200+ burns!

3. shark29

shark29 Member

Anyone else get a few discs in their TY "value" spindle that have extra adhesive on the outer edge of the disc? They are burning fine, just expected better from TY. Its not in the writeable area of the disk, just the very outer edge.

4. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

i have noticed this edge, over 600 w/o a problem

5. shark29

shark29 Member

FancyMojo,

Thanks for the reassurance! Looks like you have been busy over the last week - you went from 200 to 600 burns :). Is your burner screaming uncle yet?

6. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

just got 2 new aopen 1608's my pioneer 106d craped out and only started burning @ 1x lol plus where i work gives me acesse to many dvd

7. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ shark29

i've had over 1,000+ burns on these TYG01's with some spindles' having this "extra adhesive" on the edges as well. i think it's just cosmetic, doesn't seem to affect the burn or quality at all for me personally.

im on my 4th drive now, first 3 couldn't handle all the "pressure of burning" , they lasted quite a long time over the last 2 years i've been burning, so, i guess they served their purpose.

btw i HAD a sony dru-710a, the nec nd-3520, the lite-on SOHW-1633S, and im using the pioneer dvr-109 now. each and every one of my drives loved this TY media, despite the imperfection at the outer edges. should be no problem just as fancymojo stated~ just verifying his conclusion with my own experience as well.

8. shark29

shark29 Member

Thanks kivory666,

Yeah, so far mine are burning like a charm, no errors and no coasters. I was just surprised at the extra adhesive. I have used many different types of media in the past and have never seen this. Hopefully, it is just cosmetic. But I plan on buying a bunch more!