1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY Help

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by NSA187, Mar 7, 2005.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

ok i have a sony dru 530a i just bought a pack of ty from mertline.com they sent tygo2 i really wanted the 4x speed ones but they sent me the 8x i tried using dvd2clone and burned it at 2.2-4 and it burned it in 9 minutes which is really burning at an 8, my other dvds take me 22 mintues to burn at a 2.2 - 4x but i tried nero at a 2x speed and it took 24 minutes so i think i should start using nero from now on and burn at a 2x i tried nero at 4x burned it in 17 minutes so which speed should i burn at ? i am going to go and watch to see if the movies has any errors

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've found the TYG01 (x4 DVD-R) & TYG02 (x8) to both be superb quality discs ... all discs that I've burnt at x2 (got an old Pioneer 104) play fine.

PS2
    X-Box
    Sony & Panasonic stand alone DVD players

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

(i am going to go and watch to see if the movies has any errors)!

That should be the first thing to do.

View those backups in your standalone/s They will tell you if you are burning too fast. Most of the new 8x media is allowing me to burn at 12x and 16x speeds. I still keep it at 4x,beautiful playbacks on my stand alones. The higher quality media will allow faster burning with fewer issues. I still keep mine at 4x -fewer issues.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

You guys, you're like old people and their cars. :)

I've burned about 100 of these TYG01's at 8x, without a sector amiss.

But hey, I guess life in the fast lane isn't for everyone lol

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, slow and steady-just like the tortoise.

This high quality media does burn better at 8x and beyond.I wouldn't waste my time trying it on that cheap crap 8x media.

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

You're speaking to the choir there.

7. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i have no ideal what is wrong mertline sent me tygo2 i wanted tyo1 which is a 4x i made a backup of the exorcist beginning i burned it at a x2, it had a 4 second delay right at the part on the dvd where there is the glitch on every movie, i don't understand why my dvd burner that is a sony dru530 only burnes at an 8 but i can't even burn them at an eight, sending them back to mertline, and i orderd off of supermedia store.com ty dvd -r 4x i hoped they don't send me tygo2

8. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

also i have the firmware update, and i still can't burn at an 8 because i get glitches on dvds can only burn at a 2,2-4 someone know why i can't burn at an eight ?

9. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

anyone buy ty dvd -r x4 dvds from supermediastore.com ? are they tygo1 media ? i dont' want to go to the trouble on sending them back again

10. kchev

kchev Regular member

11. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i have a sony dru 530 a and i try burning at an 8x and i still get errors i even tried burning it at a 2x with nero and i got a glitch ? and i have the new firm ware update from sony, i was going to re do all my dvds with tygo1 i can't use 8x they don't work for me anybody can help me ?

12. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i bought ty from mertline i checked the media code they are tygo2 an 8x i wanted the 4x i have a sony dru 530a and i have a firm ware update. i tried burning the ty i got at a 4x with dvd2one and i got a clith burned it in 8 minutes, i then tried nero and burned it at a 2x and i watched the movie and instead of the movie having the one second glitch as all movies do it had a 4 second delay, i don't understand i used the 8x dvds and i burned it at a 2x with nero and i still got an error, i mad a second movie and watched it burned it at a 2x and no error.. i have close to 100 dvds backed up i was going to redo all of them but now i am being told that the ty 4x are not being made anymore, i orderd another batch of ty from supermediastore.com they say they are tygo1 i can't use tygo2 do u know why my i am still getting glitches even when i burned it at a x2 with nero ?? i have no ideal why i cant' use an 8x dvd - r when i am still burning at a 2x using nero, and i still get a glitch, why anybody know ??