1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY or Ritek?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Dav3, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Dav3

Dav3 Member

where is the best place to order the best one?...ty is better or ritek..ive sofar gathered they are the two top makers to burn long lasting quality dvds. also what do you use, and what do u use..-r or +r..also some or a canadian site would be verry helpfull.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. lobstah48

lobstah48 Guest

3. henryting

henryting Regular member

Hi,

Verbatim is the best choice if you can get it.

I heard about some people having problems with ritek and ty is quite expensive.

So far, I have not heard any complaint about verbatim.

Well, the choice is yours.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Taiyo Yuden is far superior to all media. IT IS KING!! With ritek, you have to make sure you buy the grade 'A' media. They make so many inferior batches, the market is flooded with crap under the ritek brand name. Its the same with verbatim. You have to make sure you buy the datalife plus, or you're gonna get stuck with inferior quality media. With Taiyo Yuden brand disks, you will NEVER have a question with the quality of the disks. You will only have flawless burns, all the time. That CANNOT be said about any other media.

You get lucky with other media. You get flawless burns with Taiyo Yuden.

5. alseides

alseides Guest

TY is better, but personally I find Ritek grade A disks just as good. Well, I use Ritek atleast. I buy from Rima.com and I know for sure all my riteks are the real thing. you can use a program called DVD identifier and it should display the disc ID as an R01 or R02.... for +R 4x and 8x respectively. And like someone said, newegg is good as well.

The reason I say +R is because I have a dvd burner that can bitset a disc to DVD-ROM after every burn. This way the reader (PS2, DVD player, or anything) will think the disc is a DVD-ROM and not + or -. DVD-ROM is the standard format that all commercial discs you buy at the store are, so this way you can just forget about the + or -.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  6. Dav3

Dav3 Member

thats cool, how do you know if your burner can do that, and then how can you do it lol

7. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

As I found to my cost, just identifying a disk as Ritek Rn or Gn is no guarantee of its quality. It seems Ritek must do QA on the output of all of their media lines, the good stuff will be branded Ridata or Traxdata, the slightly iffy Arita. The remainder seems to find its way onto the market in myriad ways. So, if you're buying non-premium brand Ritek, you're taking a gamble. I used to buy the stuff and had excellent results and also infuriating results, then I bought my first batch of Taiyo Yuden.

I've burned hundreds of TY's now and never had a coaster, they play on anything without skipping, and the disks test out with KProbe brilliantly - every time.

Nowe I don't gamble, I pay a little extra for a sure fire winner, every time.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dav3..TY are def. better but i like the ritek..Ridata .price wise they do the job well you might try ..meritline.com..also. and as far as the DVD dash R ..or ..DVD plus R..either is fine I use the dash R. Most of the newer player will record and play both and the older players are more compatable with the DVD dash R