1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY +/- & the 109

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rafer11, Jan 23, 2005.

1. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Hi. I just recently bought a pioneer dvr-108. I have decided I am gonna get Taiyo Yuden's.

Should i get +r or -r's? Which have a better compatability rating?

Where can i get some Ty's for cheap. Meritline seems to be the cheapest($25 for 50) but they seem to unprofessional for me to want to deal with. I read reviews from resellerrating website and they are pretty shifty. All other stores like supermediastore, blankmedia, etc all cahrge around $40. Are there are more reliable companies that sell as cheap as meritline?

Should i take back my 108 and cop the new 109?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

TY brand disks have the best compatability in the biz. As long as you have a dual format burner, either one will work great. If you have a really old dvd player, you may have trouble with +r, otherwise they are pretty interchangable.

I buy my TY exclusively from meritline. I love the store, have only had good experiences with them, as had every one I've heard who uses them. Check out:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/othervideo/buymedia.htm
    It hasn't been updating in a while, but meritline is listed as a trusted seller.

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

http://www.rima.com/

excellent reseller ratings
    they will even send you free samples of a disc to try :)

4. rafer11

rafer11 Member

What about the 109? Anyone think i should return my dvr-108 and grab the new 109?

5. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Also. I live in canada. I'm thinking either blankmedia.ca or rima. But it depends on shipping costs. Anyone know their shipping costs to canada without me having to sign up for accounts at both places?