1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TYGO2's 8x Shop4Tech 100 $33.00

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by davea, Dec 6, 2004.

1. davea

davea Member

Rayboy and others just ordered more of the 8x disc at SHOP4TECH still have Media code showing TYG02 .These are Burning and Playing GREAT.The price is still 100 for 33.00 with free shipping and 10% off using code CS10.Anybody else had a chance to order any? If you do let me Know.

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

3. davea

davea Member

How can you know for certain that these are not true TYG's?I ran all the TEST with Nero,and Dvd Info,the test all are in the same range of the TYGO's that I Have from Fugi Media in fact they match almost perfect.Again these are not being sold as branded TYG's but are being sold as House brand Sonic By Shop4Tech.All I can say is as far as everthing I've done to ID them they seem to be the Real Deal.

4. JailBreak

JailBreak Guest

Davea, i've burned about 200 of these myself in the last 2 months and haven't had any issues. I happened to get an email today with a sale on the 8x Prodiscs which use the high quality Fuji dye, for a few bucks more i'll try them out. These are them.
    http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2571&cata=1&s_cata=88_r207

The email says if you apply 'weekly10' at checkout it will take an extra 10% off. It should come to $38.90 with free shipping. For under $40 and with FUJI dye, it's worth an extra few bucks to try them IMHO.

kchev, discs just don't mysteriously stop playing after 6 months to a year, you're funny. Just curious, where did you get the 6 months to a year part from? How bout posting a single piece of info that says these discs will stop playing at any time in the future. You won't find the info so save yourself the google searches or ask someone that actually knows about the technology.

If the discs have no parity errors after they're burned, then in ideal, safe conditions, they won't have them down the line either. The problem with the few people who claim to of had issues with reading parts of discs down the line seem to almost certainly of been the ones that subject them to scratching or an unsafe environment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2004
  5. davea

davea Member

Again error rate scan shows for these disc 100% perfect on DvD Info 99% perfect on Nero dvd speed test

6. davea

davea Member

Jailbate; I'm with you, disc that are backed up should be treated the same as your Original's.Unless of course you just making backup's for the Kids.The whole purpose of backing up disc is to Keep the Original's from coming into to harms way.For Me I keep them stored in case's after every use.I think that the Burning and Playback is the Most important issue of all Brands of disc some work better because of equipment used,the Burn and Playback issue's are all dependent on the Burner,Program's and Player's used.I've used bad disc in the past and know that when you find the right one's for your setup to stick with what work's for you.

7. davea

davea Member

Sorry I meant Jailbreak Not JailBate

8. kchev

kchev Regular member

i did not have to do a google search because this forum is full of people with knowledge that have experienced "dead" discs including myself

i had some wal-mart special Teons that burnt fine at the time and when i went back to look at them later, the disc would not read at all

look here is a whole thread devoted to dead discs
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3247

none of this is true either

in a nutshell some manufactuers use cheap dye that will break down faster than quality dye

also if all problems came from just mishandling, then all discs would be equal as you see it

ALL media gradually breaks down over time
    cheaper media SOONER than quality media
    later

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  9. kchev

kchev Regular member

10. JailBreak

JailBreak Guest

kchev, i'm surprised you posted any links because those links say exactly what I said, almost Verbatim. First, the first link is almost strictly related to CD's and the second link says exactly what I said which is that discs can become unreadable if they aren't cared for properly. Discs don't just mysteriously lose data for no reason. Again, ask one of your expert friends, they'll concur with me.

I never said all media is equal in quality. What I said was that you can obtain high quality media for cheap prices. You could do that 2 years ago, and you can do the same now. I can give you many examples if you'd like, but let me quote the second link you posted and please show me where it says discs mysteriously lose data.

As far as dye breaking, Azo dye is arguably the finest of all dyes so those TYG02 and FUJI Prodiscs are perfectly fine. I personally believe Cyanine dye is just as good and some of your expert friends will almost certainly agree with that too.

Here's the only thing with any significance from what you posted so i'll quote it and please show me where discs lose data mysteriously when they are PROPERLY cared for.

11. kchev

kchev Regular member

jailbreak,

real REAL close to what you quoted
    here I will put it out in the open for you

by the way, there is not that big a difference between cd's and dvd's
    one of the main reasons "dead" dvd's haven't showed up in great numbers is because they have not been real popular until lately
    also "most" people KNOW enough of what to buy and what not to buy to avoid this

if they all lasted the same amount of time then different brands and dyes would not matter

this is the third post which evidently you didn't read very closely and they WERE properly stored

in the end, it really doesn't matter to me what discs you buy because it is YOUR money you are wasting, not mine
    i just try to help the people that want to be helped and take some good advice

if you don't believe me, just start a thread yourself on if discs can lose data over time and see what replies you get

12. kchev

kchev Regular member

13. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

====================================================
    Rayboy and others just ordered more of the 8x disc at SHOP4TECH still have Media code showing TYG02 .These are Burning and Playing GREAT.The price is still 100 for 33.00 with free shipping and 10% off using code CS10.Anybody else had a chance to order any? If you do let me Know.
    =====================================================
    Just order another 100 (12/7/2004), will post the DVD code when it coming.

The last patch have TY DVD code, burn about 50 of them, 100% success rate.

As of today (12/07/04), the SC10 code will knock-out 10% off (free shipping), CA resident has to pay tax.

https://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2687&cata=1&s_cata=

If their link does not work then here the info:
    Sonic DVD-R 8X 4.7GB (No Stacking Ring) White Inkjet Printable by shop4tech

qty. price per unit
    50 $19.50 [$0.39]
    100 $33.00 [$0.33]
    300 $96.00 [$0.32]
    1000 $310.00 [$0.31]
    : free domestic ground shipping

Rayboy.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  14. ConsumerX

ConsumerX Member

Are the TYGO2 type discs considered a good quality? I just picked up 25 from Fry's under GQ label for $9 (on sale). They do work much better than ProdiscF01 on both my writers.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  15. kchev

kchev Regular member

you got fakes too
    i would be returning them for a refund
    look here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=112854

people don't seem to understand that you will NOT find Taiyo Yuden discs being sold for NOTHING
    if you want Taiyo Yuden discs, you will have to pay for them from a reputable retailer
    main thing to look for is made in japan or the different looking cakebox

if you want REAL TY discs then go here
    http://www.rima.com/
    http://www.supermediastore.com/
    http://www.newegg.com/

personally I use Rima for my TY discs
    I have about 400 hundred of them

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  16. JailBreak

JailBreak Guest

Kchev, you seem like a nice enough person so I won't hammer you too hard, but take a look at what you are writing before you write it buddy. Ultraviolet rays AND HEAT are ABSOLUTELY causes for POOR storage, not well kept storage. One guy a few months back on another forum was complaining that his discs became unreadable and it was the technology or poor discs just like you, then someone else asked where he kept the discs and he said in a safe. I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that. Some people are just ignorant to or obvlivious to what proper storage techniques are.

You seem like you have some knowledge, certainly more then the person who stored their dvd's in a hermatically sealed safe, but you still need to read up more on the stuff your are implying because it is inaccurate.

You specifically said dye on these types of discs will probably chip and that's not even close to an accurate statement as they use a very high quality AZO dye as many discs today do.

And last but not least as far as fakes go, let me ask you, what are considered fakes? Many people will tell you they become furious when they rely on a brand name like Verbatim and come to find out the discs they have so much trust in are manufactured by CMC or another company. Those can absolutely be classified as fakes as Verbatim has zilch to do with the manufacturing process of the discs. Many other companies, in fact, almost all other companies to this to some extent or another.

Bottom line is that your facts are misconstrued and data isn't going to mysteriously disappear from discs when they are kept in proper conditions.

For the record i've had burned DVD media from 4 years ago, many of the discs were extremely expensive back then and not a single disc from that time until now has become unreadable with the exception of a single 4.38 GB disc which I scratched by a fault of my own. Of course, my discs are properly cared for.

17. tomripley

tomripley Member

How so? Verbatim has never promised anybody that they own the factories that produce the discs, only that they will deliver high-quality media.

Sure, they may have outsourced the actual production to CMC, but they're still made using MCC dye and stampers (and I would guess they've also specified a certain level of quality assurance, etc).

I've never seen any hard data to support the idea that Verbatim media from their OEM partners is of a poorer quality than that from their own factories in Singapore or Japan. Not that it couldn't be so, I've just never seen any convincing evidence for it.

18. kchev

kchev Regular member

jailbreak,

whatever, you will learn someday the hard way

by the way, why don't you start your own thread about this subject instead of hijacking this one or are you afraid of the truth
    i GUARANTEE you will be proved wrong

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  19. bigdm

bigdm Member

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think you all need to read this.'
    I found it here http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#3.12

Very interesting hu? hell in 20 years there will be some new media out by then anyway and DVD'd will be like record albums are today. I know a lot of you are wondering what a record album is?? Damned I'm old :)

You all take care

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105