1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. PS3 Firmware versions (Current purchasers come in here)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Oner, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I am hopefully going to be getting another PS3 in the next week or so and would like to know if anyone knows what firmware comes on a current PS3 in the U.S. is it 1.0, 1.1 or 1.31 or higher? If so is there a way to figure out on the box etc. As I have not found ANY info on this here or on the net.

2. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

I would also like to know too... Because i plan on buying a PS3 in the next month or so.

PS: Oner if you buy a PS3 before someone answers the question could you please answer it.... Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  3. cmdrcorey

cmdrcorey Member

dont know. it had nothing when i bought mine in december. no updates have been very big, so i wouldnt expect them to ship updated consoles until 2.0 is released.

i wouldnt be too concerned. the updates allow you to use some japanese wallet and make a user picture and thats about it.

4. Oner

I know what the updates include, I am asking to know for Paradox reasons; so as to get my hands on nothing higher than a 1.31 (preferably 1.10).

5. cmdrcorey

cmdrcorey Member

Thats what I figured, but the chances of the update including something that would prevent it from working are extremely low. As far as I know, no updated versions have been shipped to North America, and none will be until the next big update, supposedly released in march. I am confident you are worried over nothing ;)

6. dpickett

dpickett Guest

i just bought one from a small town walmart and it was 1.31 they have a whole bunch of them.

7. Oner

Damn, see that is what I am worried about. I don't want one higher than a 1.31 but I might not get the other new one for 1-2 weeks. So I'll have to buy check and exchange if I get anything higher.

8. ps3er

ps3er Guest

EBAY !!

9. smacyo137

smacyo137 Regular member

i wish it was as easy as the psp where it had a letter but it doesnt or at least there isnt a set list yet but i took a cuple pics of things I thoguh could be signs like the psp

1. under the list of stuff in the box theres a number,
    mine is 98000 and it was a 1.1 whats urs?
    http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/smacyo137ps3/DSC04732.jpg

2. Also in the 2nd barcode there is a letter at the end,
    mine is K (i hav a 1.1) whats urs?
    i could not get a clean pic of it

dpickett is there anything specical or diffrent on your box

+Oner why do u want a second one didnt u say in another thread u stayed at 1.10 or did u give in to the notices?

edit fixed link to pic

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  10. Oner

Well I was only able to get my hands on a 20gb at launch (which is fine), and I would stay with it but someone approached me with interest in it because it has FC5 and is a 1.10. Soooo since I could really use the PS3 > PSP and WiFi connectivity I am just prepping for when the deal is done so as to stay in an acceptable FW range 1.10-1.31.

11. cmdrcorey

cmdrcorey Member

version 1.54 was released today.