1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U3 USB Drive, as a Hard-drive for the PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by MckinneR, Sep 28, 2007.

1. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

Ok I have a lot of different post about using a USB hard-drive and playing iso and games on it, but the one thing that I am totally unsure of and how to really do it is using a 4GB Scandisk U3 USB Drive, as a Hard-drive for the PS2 and running anything on it I have Swamp Magic 3.6 and I want to do anything different....

2. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

Hi
    the first thing is that your sandisk drive is to small to play iso`s from it except you want to have only 1 game on it.The second thing is that the compatibility from games on usb drives sucks.look at http://www.ps2hd.com/list/
    my opinion is buy and use an internal hdd with the network adapter or use the independence exploit(if you have the fat one)to use cogswap if you have experience with swapping

3. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

Ok so from the list on the link that you left if there were a game that I wantted to try and runwhat is it that I would need to do?

4. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

you have to start usbadvance from memorycard with your trigger disc(if you don`t exploited your ps2 you have to start it by swap magic).
    It will recognize your usb hdd but first you have to transfer the iso u want with usbextreme.exe to ur hdd(use a virtual dvd like daemon tools to do that).Connect your usb hdd to ps2 and start usbadvance.
    Remember i told u that the compatibility is really bad.