1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ubuntu Help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by zombie821, Jul 24, 2007.

1. zombie821

zombie821 Member

I'm currently in the process of following this guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/512082

I am downloading the file from part 1, and have downloaded the kboot from part 2. After placing the otheros.bld on my flash drive, and selecting Install OS on my PS3, it says that there is no file found. Can someone help me out?

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

You have to put the file into a folder I think its called otheros look into it but I think that may be the problem

3. zombie821

zombie821 Member

I've solved that problem, but now I have another one. I can't seem to get the OS to fully install onto my PS3. It always freezes on 15%. Can anyone explain it to someone who has no experience?

4. robbo94

robbo94 Guest

a fink you need to read the guide more carefully.:)

Once the system is up and running from the disc, you may choose to install Ubuntu permanently. There is a bug which halts the installation at 15%. To avoid this you need to terminate some running services and processes.
    open System > Administration > Services.
    Uncheck everything except the CPU frequency manager (powernowd), Graphical login manager (gdm) and System communication bus (dbus).
    Open System > Administration > System Monitor. Select the Processes tab.
    Kill all processes on the list (right click > Kill Process). The ones that are necessary for the system to install will automatically restart or refuse to be terminated.

5. zombie821

zombie821 Member

I've already tried that, and still...nothing