1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ubuntu question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ProBaller, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

i am thinking of installing this on my ps3, my question is that should i alott 10 gb to xmb or linux? i only used the xmb to play my games and saved game data and occasionally download demos... can i download torrents and watch movies on ubuntu? and i have a bunch of blu ray and hd movies in mkv format on my computer, i know the ps3 cant run it, but if install vlc on my ps3 and put the mkv file on a dvd, can i still watch it in ubuntu?

and lastly if i do decide on alotting 10 gb to xmb, is it possible to go back and change it? and is it possible to uninstall ubuntu?

oh and last question, which is more user friendly and better overall, ubuntu or yellowdog or fedora?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Bumping threads isn't allowed. Allow 10 gig to the other os partition and the rest to the XMB. You will not be able to change this unless you format the ps3 hdd. You can use Bittorrent on Ubuntu. As far as VLC I don't use linux as a media player so I coulden't tell you.