1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(UDF/ISO)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Spider_28, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Spider_28

Spider_28 Guest

Hey, I just burned a dvd using a dvd-r disk on nero. I used CD-ROM (UDF/ISO). I used UDF 1.02 instead of 5.01 or whatever. Will this play in my PS2 or xbox?

2. Spider_28

Spider_28 Guest

sorry, mistake, I meant that I used DVD-rom (UDF/ISO)

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

hey spider_28.

I use UDF/ISO and works on my PS2 with nero.(version 5.5.9.17)
    physical partition, v 1.02

Also I had to change to UDF only option for MY OWN compatibility issue with my standalones and these also work on my PS2.

In the UK - for ref on the PS2(pal)

Hope this helps.

4. Spider_28

Spider_28 Guest

thanks. Hey, What's the best format for compatability with standalones (UDF) or (UDF/ISO)? And also for standalones which is better UDF 5.01 or 1.02? Also, (sorry for all the alsos) Is Memorex a very compatible dvd-r brand?

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Compatibility issues, thats a tuff one and a taboo question.

However the compatibility issue, I would describe as WHAT works for u does not mean it will work for everyone if u know what I mean.

I used the UDF/ISO to start with but found that it was only compatible with 4 out of 5 of my players:
    Lecson dv-900
    cyberhome 402
    PS2
    PC dvd Rom

My Lg3200E would not play them (disc error).
    The LG 3200e was one of the first lg players released.

I then tested a few variations within nero and found that changing to UDF only, sorted MY compatibility issue out with the LG - ie ALL of my players read my backups now flawlessly.

I therefore cannot suggest the best compatibility to use as it depends on media,standalone player,software and method.

As for the UDF version in nero the best one to use is the 1.02 as this is the original version released so generally most standalones will be setup to read this version with no problems.
    As for NEWER dvd standalones I do not know but people I know have purchased lesser branded players which seem to play almost anything u throw in them.
    My Cyberhome was an excellent buy, cheap and played anything I put in it including JPEG picture gallery cd/dvd.

Also have a look in the dvd-r media section to see what others say about recommended media.

The only other thing I can suggest is to try a few methods out, I have made several coasters to tune my method but it does work for what I need.

See how u go!

6. Spider_28

Spider_28 Guest

Thanx alot. You're the first person that's given me a good response. Someday, when I become a master at all this technical electronics mumbo-jumbo, perhaps I will return the favor. Until then, thanx.

7. Spider_28

Spider_28 Guest

Hey, I burned A movie onto DVD-R with DVD-ROM UDF 1.02 using Nero and It worked fine on standalone but it wont work on PS2 or XBOX. Any ideas? Do I need to change it to UDF/ISO instead of just UDF? also, Do I need to change it to PAL instead of NTSC? Or maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it. Please help.

8. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Well I know that for the Xbox you will need a mod chip. It should work in the PS2 without a modchip, I use the DVD-Video format (UDF/ISO, and works with all the standalone that I have and my PS2.

sirmugen