1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UDF vs RAW problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cedric12, Aug 15, 2003.

1. cedric12

cedric12 Member

Hi. I've been burning DVD-Rs using DVDShrink and Nero. I started off on five DVDs from Memorex and those worked great. However I recently bought a spindle of 25 and the process seems similar, but after they are burned it appears that nothing has been added to the disc.

I checked the disc properties and noticed that the file system on the spindle is RAW, whereas the Memorex discs (and any other DVD movie I checked) has a UDF file system. Is this causing the problem? If so, how do I change it.

I haven't made any changes to the preferences under Nero Burning Rom - New DVD-Video.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Burn in VIDEO_TS folder in DVD ROM UDF/ISO mode and see if that helps

3. cedric12

cedric12 Member

Hi. I tried your advice with the RAW vs UDF error and I seem to still be getting errors. Under either DVD-Video or DVD-ROM UDF/ISO, I get an error message when it is almost finished burning (within a minute). It says that it cannot perform end of disc-at-once. Any ideas?

4. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

What brand are your discs? You might just need to get a different brand that's of better quality.