1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugghh i f * cked up with my HDD upgrade... kinda.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by modmad123, May 2, 2007.

1. modmad123

modmad123 Member

First of all, im not a n00b, so don't go on about me being a n00b and all.

I was upgrading my Xbox HDD from a backup i made of my 8GB modded Xbox HDD (With UnleashX + NDURE 3.0). On the old hard disk, everything worked fine. When i upgraded and swapped the hard drives, unleashx came up and everything still worked fine. The only problem is when i put in a game disc or copy a game to my hdd, i can open up the game, but when i choose my profile in the game it freezes.

For example:
    I pop in my halo 2 disc. Everything boots fine. When i go to sign in (choose my profile), the music stops, the background isn't animated etc.

In forza Motorsport, same thing. Everything is fine... Then i click the "Tyler" profile, it says loading, then it freezes.

Any way i can fix this *without* unlocking HDD, unscrewing my xbox, taking out the HDD, re-modding it, then putting everything back? im getting sick of modding Xboxes. (i've modded 6)

post if you need anymore info!

2. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

you should use chimp 2.4 when you upgrade you can get that on auto installer deluxe 4.0 and its simple. sounds like the same thing that happend to me when you used NDURE 3.0 sometimes when you do the clone on that program it skips your saves that was on your hard drive and you lose your profile use chimp man

3. w00dsy

w00dsy Member

so does he have to take out the HDD and re-mod? im having the same prob. luckily i found this forum. you guys seem helpful.

4. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

if the profile is lost yes you will have to remod if you want your profile and if use chimp after the mod to drop the bigger hd itll ask you if you want to clone C or E drive clone your C first if thats where your original xbdash board is located then reboot then clone your E after that you shouldnt have any problems with halo or anything els at that