1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK (PAL) PS2 work in USA?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vaant, May 6, 2007.

1. vaant

vaant Guest

Hi, next month i'm going to be moving from the UK to live in America. I have quite large collection of PAL ps2 games of which I've accumulated over the years... i also have a hard drive which I use to play USA NTSC format games.

I'm wondering if i could use my PAL (fat) PS2 in America without having to buy some sort of voltage transformer, I know that the mains voltage in the UK is 240 volts while it's only 110 volts in the USA.

What sort of voltage does a UK ps2 need to run? Would i need to buy a transformer or is it universal and will work fine with just a cord?

ALSO I'm all aware about TVs having different signal inputs... but what will i need to get my PAL games to display properly on a regular NTSC TV? To display my American games on my current PAL television i currently just use a scart lead, do American TVs take those?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Though I am an Indian I konw that SCART does not work in USA.
    you will need a modchip for the games to display properly and will have to buy a Little ADD-ON that screws over your TWO-PIN adapter(comes PACKED with JAP/NTSC PS2s.)

3. vaant

vaant Guest

What's this add-on? and i'm sorry but i don't know what two pin adapter you mean. My fiancee has a slim American model PS2, would any cables etc from that do what i need?

4. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I Dont know the tech words for this stuff.
    ADD-ON is what i got with my JAP PS2 which overlaps the normal ps2 plug with large plug with squarish pins that are supposedly used in JAP/USA.
    (I was planning to post pics but just earlier today i toasted my moms K750i in microwave)

Last edited: May 7, 2007