1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK PS2 Memory Card Scam

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by JohnnyDrama188, Dec 15, 2014.

1. JohnnyDrama188

JohnnyDrama188 Newbie

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to issue a warning about a group of guys in the UK who are scamming people - Mark Tovey / Dave Winsor / Sydney Martin - Mark Tovey is the only confirmed real name, as this was on the bank account that I transferred to. Do not do not do not buy a memory card from any of these people. I ordered mine 20 days ago and have not received it, and have had emails ignored.
    Make your own, or get in touch with reputable people!
    Thanks.

2. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

That's why imo it's safer to buy from eBay. They got your back if you never get the stuff. Also, if you paid by PayPal, you could just file a claim on the transaction.

3. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

OK, i can confirm this, the SCAM sites are the following 2: http://www.pstwo.co.uk/ and
    http://www.ps2-mod.co.uk/ this 2 sites will f4ck up your money, those bastards will NOT give you any memory card with free MCBoot so dont waste your money.
    You have been warned.

4. ukgnome

ukgnome Member

Hi
    I am the owner of pstwo.co.uk - we are not a scam site, I am sorry you haven't received your order, could you please email me your details @ peterfinch123@yahoo.co.uk and I will either send you a full refund or a free replacement.
    Just to confirm I am not the owner or involved with the other website referred to above. (Ps2-mods) however I have spoken to the chap that runs it, as we are in competition, he is not a scammer either.
    Sometimes, rarely things go wrong, lost emails, lost post etc. I understand it's infuriating, please accept my apologies and be assured I will sort this out either with a refund or replacement.

5. PS2-Mod

PS2-Mod Newbie

Hi all.

Hswet93. To the best of my knowledge I've never taken anyone's money and not delivered an item.

As ukgnome says we are in competition and it would be great for either of our businesses to concoct horror stories about each other to steal their trade, but the reality is its simply not the case.

If you have bought anything from me please email me details at ps2-mod@post.com and I'll sort it out. Unless something has gone drastically wrong somewhere no-one is outstanding anything from me other than the current orders that are being fulfilled.

If you send me details of what you have ordered and not had delivered I'll make a public apology and of course a refund but if not I'll just assume your someone else selling them and trying to put down the competition

Thanks

Rich

6. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

i sended you an email to peterfinch, but you never answer emails, as im saying, both sites http://www.pstwo.co.uk/ and
    http://www.ps2-mod.co.uk/ are the same people, ill be in touch if those guys solve my problem, and post any changes, but its like i said, after some time investigating and asking people with the same problem.

7. PS2-Mod

PS2-Mod Newbie

Were not the same company!

From what I can tell you've never bought anything off me.

I'm sure pstwo will sort out any issues you have but at the minute you've got your wires crossed.

WE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANIES!

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i smell a fish

9. PS2-Mod

PS2-Mod Newbie

You can smell what you like.

As I said I know Mark and one of us lives down South and one of us lives in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

It would be one hell of a trick to pull off selling items from either end of the country.

We only know each other through selling cards

Furthermore both of us have sold hundreds of cards each. What would we gain by ripping people off just to make a few quid on say 5 cards before we got a bad reputation

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

let's play nice til this is sorted, people.

ukgnome likes this.
  11. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

Almost 24hours have passed since i wrote to this guy, still no answer, i found several guys scammed by those guys, and ill post here their problems too, as i said stay away from this people, he have another site: http://www.toveyonline.com/memorycards/freemcboot.html its not even working.
    And ill keep investigating those guys until we get a refund or the good we payed for.

12. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

13. PS2-Mod

PS2-Mod Newbie

Hswet,

As proven by Eisherz we are two completely different companies at different ends of the country.

So now it turns out you've never had any dealings with me and no one has ever complained about me I'll await your apology...

14. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

Of course not, im only warning people in order not to be scammed, if you people need a memory card with free mcboot, dont purchase from this people, because they will steal your money, trust me, and im taking all the legal procedures in order to get this guys.

You will find on the internet tons of people scammed by those guys, like this one:

Is http://www.toveyonline.com/mem...a fake site for ps2 free mc boot memory cards?

i bought a mc boot memory card from this site 8 business days ago 10 in all i understand freight from the uk to canada would typically take a little longer....This isn't my worry, i had sent an e-mail to the sales link asking for an ETA with no responce 2 days later i e-mailed some concerns because the thread i used to find the site claimed great service....Still no responce. 2 more days passed and i sent another e-mail informing the company if i don't hear get a responce i would start reachurching the matter in more detail.....hence this thread.....can anyone put my worries to rest...thanks

if you need free mcboot memory cards just go to www.theisozone.com theres plenty of NICE people that will make it for FREE, dont be scammed like i was.

15. PS2-Mod

PS2-Mod Newbie

I don't want to sound clever, but that's still not an apology.

Please answer these questions in turn as your dragging my name through the mud when I've never had an unhappy customer:

1. Have you ever bought anything off me? My email is ps2-mod@post.com. Please do a search in your email account and look for it. When that doesn't being anything up please just search for PS2-Mod

2. I charge £17 for a memory card. This has never changed. Have you ever bought a memory card for £17?

3. You say I have a bad name on the internet. I have never seen ps2-mod bad mouthed by anybody. Where have you seen this?

If your struggling to find an answer to any of this then be a man and apologise!

Thanks

16. ukgnome

ukgnome Member

Could you please give me your email address that you used or full name that you used on your payment method? I have no outstanding transactions - no junk email from anyone etc. getting a bit annoyed at all this razzmatazz now! Can I ask why haven't just done a charge back for goods not received, I have no charge backs, no emails, junk emails or anything like that???

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Hswet93, show the proof or keep quiet. you have talked but not proved anything.

smokyrain and ukgnome like this.
  18. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I'm wondering why this thread is even here,i'm rather curious you mean to tell me that there aren't any consumer laws in the uk that protect citizens from local traders i find that hard to believe,besides a local in business that doesn't deliver ain't gonna last long & i'm sure any authorities would like to hear about them

19. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

Ok, here the proof all this people scamming, i have it all recorded here. I told you Ukgnome scammer 3 time my order not received is #1003,
    HERE you go, scammer:

Re: Order confirmation for order #1003
    De: info@jucahombre.com
    Fecha: Lun, 19 de Enero de 2015, 11:22 pm
    Para: "Marc Tovey" <marctovey@googlemail.com>
    Prioridad: Normal
    Opciones: Ver encabezado completo | Bajar este mensaje como un archivo

Hello again, tomorrow will be 20 January, my memory card has not arrived
    yet, and i think 7 working days already passed, could you please check,
    what happened to my order?

my order #1003

To: (i prefer to hide my adress)

> Hey man, it's not a scam :)
    > Your card will be with you within 7 days of ordering, we are not a scam
    > website mate.
    > Thank you again for your order
    > Kind regards
    > Pete
    >
    > Sent from my iPhone
    >
    >> On 12 Jan 2015, at 10:10, info@jucahombre.com wrote:
    >>
    >> When my memory card will arrive?
    >> Im reading on internet that this is a scam, if i dont receive answer in
    >> 7
    >> days ill go to my bank to retrieve back the money and of course a
    >> complaint to your website to shut it down.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance
    >>
    >>> Thank you for placing your order with pstwo!
    >>>
    >>> This email is to confirm your recent order.
    >>>
    >>> Date 01/09/2015
    >>>
    >>> Billing address
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> Spain
    >>>
    >>> 1x FMCB Memory Card for £19.99 each
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Subtotal : £19.99 GBP
    >>> Total : £19.99 GBP
    >>

20. Hswet93

Hswet93 Newbie

I want a refund now, or ill keep going investigating about you, if you want more proofs that this guy scam people i can give you his bank account number with my transaction and other people transactions and their goods not delivered.
    And i told you lot of time MArk Tovey or whoever you are, my order is #1003 its not hard to search, i want a refund, its not that hard to understand.