1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK PS3 Not multi-region?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by mclukeyb, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mclukeyb

mclukeyb Member

Please note we have had many e-mails saying the playstation 3 is going to be multi region we have checked and this infomation is wrong it isn't going to be multi region it will only pal ps3 , ps2 and ps1 pal version of games making it region free would be silly as everyone would import and there would be no uk market so please where ever you are all ready this it isn't true we have check with our wholesaler, who check with sony

UK PS3 WILL NOT BE MULTI REGION !!!!

information confirmed on 27th feb 07 @ 14.24

I found this information on an ebay sellers shop. As far as i am aware the uk ps3 is multi-region can any1 confirm that this is the case as i was going to import a few games before launch.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. henrito

henrito Member

Are you sure they weren't talking about DVDs and Blu-ray Discs?
    I heard about PS2 and PS1 games not applying to the region free part, but PS3 should...
    Plus I rarely believe what I read on ebay :p

3. mclukeyb

mclukeyb Member

Thats what i thought everywhere else is saying that it is multi-region, but with all these hardware changes and compatability changes i dont know what to believe now. The ebayer is prob trying to make an extra couple of quid.

4. henrito

henrito Member

Id say dont believe the ebayer.
    Wait till the PS3 comes out

Plus even if it would be something weird like - european ps3 being region locked but usa ps3 being region free - simply get a ps3 from another region ^^
    Since USA PS3s currently seem to be region free

5. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

6. rico134

rico134 Regular member

this better be bull, if sony are seriously doing this-they are taking the mick now. I'll cancel my £160 pre-order if this is confirmed. charge more for a downgraded version-thats pathetic.

limited ps2 capability <couldn't believe that either
    no region free <they do-they've lost a sale

yet still more than the North American one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  7. mclukeyb

mclukeyb Member

True if they are doing this my pre-order will be cancelled and i will order one from the states. Amazon on there site says it is region free so if it comes and is not should have no problem sending it back.

8. moakesy

moakesy Member

Its not the system itself. Its the software. Its only going to be region locked if games companies decide to lock the region on their software....As of yet no software in the US has been region locked, hopefully this will continue for the rest of the PS3's life.

9. mclukeyb

mclukeyb Member

cheers moakesy, time to order some US games. I tried to email the ebayer who put this info down and got no reply so i guess its just bull.

10. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

There really isnt any info on this subject that i can find lots of people are saying its region free but there is no back up for what they are saying. The Links i posted are a year old but suggest it will be region free. I guess we wont truly know untill March 23. Anyways Im ordering FOM from ebay usa just in case. Its about $100 to £1 aint it? If it dont work ill just throw it in the bin lol.

11. camarienz

camarienz Guest