1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK / US / HK / JAP PS3 Models and Fw versions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by elrao, Mar 7, 2007.

1. elrao

elrao Member

Hi

This is my first PS3 post as I am considering buying one both for gaming and something which can feed 1080p video into my new Sony Bravia :)

What I would like to know is which model of PS3 I would be best off buying and should I be looking for any particular firmwares?

Sort of things I would like to do:

Stream HD Video to the TV / play HD video directly from an Ext HDD
    Play games in the same way as it is possible on the PSP with devhook etc.
    Play all region Blu-Ray games
    Play all region Blu-Ray movies
    Upscale DVDs to HD
    Internet browsing

I have read that the UK PS3 may not be region free for gaming :(
    That the EU version will have software emulation for PS2 games (good or bad?)
    I have seen people looking for v1.31 and below, assume this is for reasons similar to wanting v1.5 on a PSP but can someone show me a link to an explanation of what this offers (or what a version higher would not offer!).

Thanks in advance!

2. ohhshiet

ohhshiet Member

-no streaming of hd yet, but there are tutorial on how you can convert hd movies to play on ps3..
    -only usa region can be played on blu-ray movies, uk and japan have their own region...
    -blu ray games however are region free...
    -no dvd upscaling yet..maybe in the future..rumors beleived..that new firmware will possibly do this...
    -is internet browser capable..ie. psp..same concept
    -iso loader in speculation but none released to the public yet, so no devhook way YET soon possibly..uk launch..fingers crossed..
    -new firmware is better with features and bugs fixed..older firmware for isoloader when it comes out..