1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ul-Tran DVD Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bardie, Jan 5, 2005.

1. bardie

bardie Regular member

I was givin some of these disc's and I have not really heard about them before.
    Does anyone have any experience with these?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Sounds like no one has heard of these......lol

3. colw

colw Active member

Have brought and used a couple of packs - have not had any major probs with them to date.

They are made in Tiawan.

They are reasonably cheap (apprx $10Aust for 20).

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

OK, thanks for that, I will give them a go then.

5. zenzen453

zenzen453 Guest

I was using Ultran before but that was a year ago. They are really cheap now but errors are high on these discs. But I recommend NOT using these discs. Disadvantages : Circle rings, redundant errors, high burn rate failure.
    I have now switched to Prodisc(only use 4X DVD-R though) and Ritek/RiData and have had no issues with them using my Pioneer 106D and 107D burners.

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I bought some of the Ultran 4X DVD-R From EKATOMI.COM . And My conclusion is if you got them for free use them but ! dont expect to much ! as other afterdawn members have mentioned they are cheap media . Mine some worked well some did'nt most did'nt . with brand name media selling weekly at bestbuy/compusa/circuitcity- for under .50 cent apiece or from online retailers @ various prices - why archive your games/data or movies on crappy media ? I've only used mine for dvd backups and out of 100 I purchased I still have about 70 or eighty unused. in conclusion I would'nt put anything rare or important on them but that's me everybodies burners are different so yours might do well with them . I would stick to branded media myself -Peace

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005