1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead DVD Workshop 2 converting

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nokkia, Mar 1, 2004.

1. nokkia

nokkia Guest

Does anyone know how lonh it takes to convert a project from avi/xvid to DVD and then burn into a disc?
    I have been dazzled by this authoring software although I can't burn my project to a disc as it keeps eternally converting it to DVD and I have been observing the conversion and never gets to 1% or it does after a long long time. How long is it suppose to convert the files? The average time. Help!!!!
    P. S My OS is Windows XP

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Encodeing can take up to days depending on your CPU Speed but you shouldn"t be encodeing in DVD Workshop anyways if you want the best Possible Quality in the Shortest ammount of Time...You should Use a Real encoder Like the "MainConcept Encoder" to encode your AVI files to Mpeg2/DVD Format and then you will have much better quality in a Lot less Time with less Problems and DVD workshop 2 can encode your audio to Dolby digital AC3 without Re-Encodeing the Video....
    And Yes the New DVD Workshop 2.0 is a Pretty good Program accept that Scanning for Chapters takes forever, actually a Little too long for me to wait so it was a $300 Waste of Money for me but maybe they will come up with a Update that will fix this Problem...Cheers