1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead DVD Workshop help

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by grundle, Oct 11, 2003.

1. grundle

grundle Member

can any of you guys tell me why when i make a movie (with menu's etc..) when i go to burn the dvd it requires like 9gig or so free on the hard drive and also wants to reencode the file again
    I usually download movies as a avi or mpg then use showbiz (which comes with sonic) to convert the avi/ mpg into a dvd compatable mpg. but Ulead DVD Workshop always wants to re encode it again. I have tried using the avi in Ulead DVD Workshop and let it reencode that, but then the screen size is kinda squashed.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Are you specifying a compression codec?

3. grundle

grundle Member

im not sure what you mean...
    what i do is in showbiz (which is with sonic) is drop the svcd mpg or the avi in the box then click on 'make movie' then it will give me the lots of options e.g vcd file, mpg2 file, svcd file ,dvd file etc.. i choose dvd file then this makes it into a compatable dvd mpg which is about 1.5gbish which then i use as my source file in ulead dvd workshop. but after i finish making menus etc.. and goto burn it it want like 9gb free on hard drive and then reencodes the file again making the whole process like 5 hours or so. why does it have to re-encode it again? i tried just using a avi or a svcd mpg as the source file in ulead but then once it all finished the pictue looks squashed on the tv.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well this is because DVD workshop sees the File as NON DVD Compliant so either you can encoded it incorectly or are useing the Wrong settings in DVD workshop...Make sure that the Template that you are useing in DVD Workshop matches the Specs of the Mpeg file you are trying to author to DVD..And there is a Setting you need to check that says something like "Do Not Convert Compliant Files" this setting might be in the Preferances settings...