1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uloader without sd card

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by manugirl, Jan 7, 2010.

1. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hey everyone, is there a way i can put uloader as 1 of my wii channels so i dont have to start the hbc then uloader. thankyou for any advise

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Get a forwarder channel and install it with the wad installer. The forwarder will start whatever homebrew program is in the SD:\apps\USBLOADER folder. So just make sure uloader is in there.

4. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hi again, im abit stuck (again) do i copy the usbforwarderwduslo.wad that i downloaded into the wad file on my sd card(there was no reed me with it). sorry for being dumb i have read up and the only guide i found was in spanish, i only managed to get where i am today because of the amazing guides on afterdawn. thank you for any help. xx

5. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Yes. The wad goes in the wad folder, and then you install it with the wad manager in the homebrew channel.

6. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hi penguin98, thanks for the rapid reply, its asking which ios version to use, is it ios249, sorry and many thankyous.xx

7. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Yep.

249 is generally the right one to use.

8. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

thanks alot penguin98, the channel is now on my wii menu, however when i press A on the channel it comes up black screen and at the very top it says WHAT?, any ideas. cheers

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure the uLoader boot.dol file is located in the directory of...

SD:\apps\USBLOADER

If it is not in that directory then the forwarder will not find the boot.dol to load. Also make sure the SD card is in the Wii.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  10. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

so i decided to delete the usb loader channel and do it again, on my pc i double clicked on uloader thats in my apps(from sd card) inside there is a boot.dol file so i coppied to my wad file, now my wad folder looks like this

ios60patched.wad wad file
    neogammar7.wad wad file
    usbloaderforwarderwduslo.wad wad file
    boot.dol dol file

i did the wad install and the channel is on my wii again, but still black screen with the word what? written at the top again.
    im not to sure about the directory and how to to put the boot.dol in there i tried draging it in but it just swaps places.
    im so sorry for all the trouble i cause you (larrylje) and penguin98 and im still learning but i know 100 times more than i knew 3 months ago when i started all this as a complete %100 noob.
    again many thanks for all your help. xx

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do this...

Place the boot.dol file back into the uloader folder. Now rename the uloader folder to USBLOADER and then it should work.

When runing the forwarder from the Wii menu it is looking for the directory of SD:/apps/USBLOADER/boot.dol to start the USB loader.

Since the folder is named uloader the forwarder can not find the boot.dol to load. So renaming the uloader folder to USBLOADER should fix the issue your having.

12. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

yes that did the trick, amazing, now i can load my external hdd from the usb channel instead of going through the HBC. but is there a way of loading up my external hdd without my sd card in the wii, if not thanks anyway, like i said amazing and thank you very very much. xx

i guess what im asking is, is there a way to play my games of my external hdd without the sd card in my wii, or better still have each game on each channel on my wii, as im sure i seen a youtube vid where the guy had all his games in his channels, thankyou

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Depends on how you formated the USB Device. If you formated it WBFS then you can't. If you formated FAT32 or have a FATE32 partition on it then yes you can.

The CFG USB loader guide in my sig will let you load from USB without having to have a SD Card in the Wii.

14. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

thanks larrylje, l will read up an ill have a serious think about changing to cfg, ive actually got the cfg channel on my wii but was struggling abit, and came across the uloader channel(by accident) with all my games there and i was over the moon. thanks for all your help. once again.