1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate BitComet Guide to the Universe

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by DVDBack23, Sep 18, 2005.

1. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Youre welcome, glad it helped ;)

2. popol24

popol24 Member

hi, i'm a newbie and i've been using BitComet for quite sometime and didn't have a problem until recently. I've used this guide to help max out my dl speed and it was working great until suddenly i've found i've got NAT problems and such. I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with opening up my ports so I've tried the guide on portforwarding.com many times but i couldn't get past the stage where you go to a page to logon as admin and stuff (i just couldn't connect to the website and i've set up my static ip already, countless times). I've also made sure that my firewall wasn't stuffing up bitcomet or my web browser. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

3. dusty107

dusty107 Member

DVDback,
    Awesome guide - helped alot especially with the tweaking.

My question is how do i know i'm getting the best dl speeds? I ask this because i'm currently getting a download rate of 30/kbs (on a 1.28 gb file) connected to approx. 112 peers (18 seeds).
    I have a cable (road runner) connection dierectly to my pc, no routers. I seen files get as high as 300/kbs, but rarely and its never consistent dropping down to 80 or 60/kbs with the same amount of seeds/peers.

Also want to add that your isohunt tracker tip is incredibly useful

4. DVDBack23

please post your speed test results so i can so what kind of connection youve got.

5. dusty107

dusty107 Member

just tested at speakeasy and got a dl result of 4817 kpbs. my speed seems to be slowing down in concern to dl on bitcomet. i seem to rarely get above 50kbs now.

6. dusty107

dusty107 Member

Currently downloading a file from 28 peers (25 seeders). Last night i was getting up to 100KB/s, this morning only 54KB/s with pretty much the same # of peers.
    In my firewall exceptions tab are 4 listings for bitcomet:
    Bitcomet
    Bitcomet listening port# TCP
    Bitcomet listening port# UDP
    Bitcomet # TCP
    Bitcomet # UDP
    the 2nd and 3rd reflect bitcomet with my listening port # as set in my bitcomet preferences, I have no clue what the last 2 listings and their #'s represent. Should I add to the exceptions the listening port # minus Bitcomet at the beginning (seems pointless).

7. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

id hate to resurrect this thread. but man. DVDBack is there anything your not good at? damn, your a sig makin' photoshop awesomein' internet pro? jesus your good. lol. i get about 50 kpbs down and 65 kbps up. my upload speed is always so much higer.. im on a DSL with 910 kbs connection.

8. DVDBack23

thanks man :)

9. fjm9

fjm9 Guest

ey need help . i have downloaded 8 game torrents b4 but now im downloadin lego star wars torrent. Everything went good but it stopped at 99.9%. i worked out it was the 4th file stuffin up so i went to dl that one again and this one gets heaps of hash fails and gets to 95% stops n then goes bak to 87%.
    Its got 14(29) seeds and 72(143) peers. Most peers have got it at 100% but mine just wont do it. Help please.
    Cheers

10. fjm9

fjm9 Guest

ey need help . i have downloaded 8 game torrents b4 but now im downloadin lego star wars torrent. Everything went good but it stopped at 99.9%. i worked out it was the 4th file stuffin up so i went to dl that one again and this one gets heaps of hash fails and gets to 95% stops n then goes bak to 87%.
    Its got 14(29) seeds and 72(143) peers. Most peers have got it at 100% but mine just wont do it. Help please.
    Cheers

11. fjm9

fjm9 Guest

Cheers

12. fjm9

fjm9 Guest

Cheers

13. ai3gtmc

ai3gtmc Guest

hello DVDback, i need help im in japan and i cant find my router in the portforward site...it's NTT Sv2..plz help me im only 13 i want to download some games but i only get 20-40 kb/s in bitcomet.

14. RuneJayce

RuneJayce Member

I'm currently trying to download some files from the Pure TnA Private Tracker and I'm having a problem as I'm getting crappy download speeds from them even tho I seem to be uploading more than downloading...

I'm currently using version 0.74 of BC and these are my results taken from the test done at BroabandReports.com

1. Your Tweakable Settings:
    Receive Window (RWIN): 384000
    Window Scaling: 3
    Path MTU Discovery: ON
    RFC1323 Window Scaling: ON
    RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF
    Selective Acks: ON
    MSS requested: 1460
    TTL: unknown
    TTL remaining: 55

2. Test 1002101 byte download
    Actual data bytes sent: 1040601
    Actual data packets: 715
    Max packet sent (MTU): 1500
    Max packet recd (MTU): 1500
    Retransmitted data packets: 27
    sacks you sent: 140
    pushed data pkts: 119
    data transmit time: 47.930 secs
    our max idletime: 1012.8 ms
    transfer rate: 20600 bytes/sec
    transfer rate: 164 kbits/sec
    This is not a speed test!
    transfer efficiency: 96%

3. ICMP (ping) check
    Target unpingable

My upload speed according to a test done at http://sod.ms/fast/index2.html is 203kbps while my download speed is 16kbps.

I'm on a 1MB line with a crappy company called Toucan who I'm going to be switching from to Virgin.net when I get the chance as their service is absolute crap!

In any case, where do I input these settings so I can increase my speeds and does anyone have any advice on removing caps from a Internet connection as these bastards claimed that my Internet connection is unlimited and yet they send me emails claiming that I went over my download limit of 4GB a week which is why I'm switching providers as soon as I can...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  15. dusty107

dusty107 Member

Can anyone tell me what it means when everything you try to download turns into a red X instead of the green arrow? This started happening to me today to different files from different sites. Help please.

16. ancutaand

ancutaand Member

I am currently using bitcomet which is pretty slow.

Is there any faster ones?

The health of the file is about 5000% which is pretty good and gets me about 5kb

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. yobigc99

yobigc99 Member

Hi All

I've been experiencing slow dl speeds for awhile now, even after i systematically followed all of the fantastic advice (forwarded ports, etc...) here - it was still low. I even tried changing to uTorrent but no real difference.

Then one day I was clearing my temp files and found that my PEER GUARDIAN 2 was 18.2GB. I saw this HISTORY folder and googled it and found that PEER GUARDIAN 2 has a default setting that logs allowed connections. After i un-checked the box and put the setting to remove every day my DL speeds have improved by at least 10 times.

Hopefully this post helps some others who might not know that PG2 has this default setting