1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ULTRANS

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DasBeat, Aug 31, 2004.

1. DasBeat

DasBeat Member

anyone bought this brand?

for me it is the dodgiest piece of dogpoo to ever hit the blank DVD market. it always freezes during some point in the movie, mostly toward the end...

2. john179

john179 Active member

To be honest there is quite a few new brands coming on the market.A friend gave me a ANV disc the other day to trial.The back up turned out ok but it would not burn at 8 speed.Best sticking to your trusted brands.I tend to stick to Ritek and if i want to trial i buy loose discs.This sometimes is a advantage of not always ordering online.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greetings & salmutations DASBEAT
    If you are talking about ULTRAN 4X DVD-R media yes I have . Bought a 100 from EKATOMI.COM for $32.68 shipping inclusive . Actually they were on sail for 23.00 but had to pay shipping! So far have backed up about 20 odd movies from my dvd collection had one bad disc that recorded to the end of the movie but then the image froze up /broke up and pixelated . Other than that no problems. They burn @ 4x using dvd decrypter but only 2x with Roxio's DVD BUILDER- but it is a stable 2X burn and my NEC ND-2500A seems to like them okay so far. will they last for long term archiving? I Honestly don't know ? but The Price was right and Ekatomi was easy to deal with . They filled my order in a forthright and efficient manor. I hope this helps you out dasbeat -PEACE LOVE & HAIR GREASE- BIGTOXY69

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

EGG ON MY FACE !!!!

AS to ULTRANS 4x DVD-R media I have gone back after on a week or two and tried to play my DVD movie backup copies and they either freeze up in a stop & start fashion along with audio break-up when played on my apex 1010W dvd player which normally would play just about anything. I apologize for recommending this media. I have bought some name brand media instead and will probably try riteks when I use up the name brand disc I just bought !Ultran 4x media reads mfr. Interaxa AG on DVD indentifier Same company as Great AZO's But I did'nt know then what I do now when I purchased them! Thank you AfterDawn,com I will alweays by Real good name brand media in DVd from now on, I do however still recommend Ekatomi the company I purchased the Ultrans fom they delivered what I ordered on time and at the price they qouted with no problems and kept int touch with mein regards to my order via email. Well from now on they can call me 50 cent which is what I understand the general price vicinity for riteks on sale. Sorry if anyone bought the Ultrans because of me , You live & you learn - Caveat Emptor- & skeletor too!
    Bigtoxy69

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  5. john179

john179 Active member

BIGTOXY69 you won't go wrong with a quality Ritek 50 cent or not you will be sorted.