1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um...Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Jstud757, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

heys guys, i finally decided to get a PSP slim and use my old one to downgrade it then upgrade using homebrew, but then things kinda got crazy after that. i was following an youtube pandora tutorial and i got stuck at one part, i think it was the part where you are in the cmd screen and your trying to write the pandora stuff on your card (msinst/msinst.exe e msinst/msipl/bin etc etc.) but i couldnt get it to work so i stopped for the night and in the morning my PSP was...I think its bricked. now i no that you use pandora to unbrick psp's but i cant even get to recovery mode. i think i was successful in making the pandoras battery but not the memory stick. when i turn my PSP on its just all black. soooooo can anybody lend me some help??h

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

try getting another battery.it might act like this because you made a pandora battery but not a magic memory stick.you must have magic ms to get your battery working.or, to check if you're bricked or need another battery, take your battery out, plug in ac adapter and turn your psp on like that.if it comes up normally then you just need another battery.if it doesn't turn on then you're dead.unless you get your hands on another working pandora and magic ms...

3. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

i tried using my ac adaptor and it worked, so your telling me my battery is dead? if so can i buy a pandora battery and ms?

4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

here's what i'd do.

*buy a normal battery(don't get from ebay)

*make a magic ms out of your psp.

*try to use the battery(not working one) but with your magic ms in with it.

it should come up with the pandora menu.
    if not, get another battery and convert that into a pandora.
    then just use the other battery that works fine as a main.

do you understand?i'm not sure if it makes sense, so please ask if you don't know what i mean.

5. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

sadly, i do not understand, but i have another question, couldnt i just start the whole process over? and do it again?

6. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

well i did it ... i didnt have to get a new battery i just had to restart where i left off and try it again and it worked!! but now that im down to 1.5 what do i do now?

7. mdsn

mdsn Regular member

ok, well you could go to CFW to 3.52m33-4 here. and put it in the root of your MS

8. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

And this is how i put cfw on my PSP Slim?

9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

no.crap wait...ok, so you had downgraded your psp -fat-?you actually want to hack your slim...uhh...everything is messed up if you wanted to do that.

you need universal unbricker v3.look in the sticky of the unbricker dc:3 mutiple ipl or whatever, but it's stickied.

10. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

...wait i thought this was how u downgraded your psp slim by using your fat psp? that's what it says in the other threads, maybe im wrong.

11. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

okay wait, your right LOL LOL LOL i just wasted a whole day or 2. heh heh, at least i learned how to make an pandoras battery and stick. anyways i transformed my battery back to an regular one but how do i turn my ms back. or do i even need to. anyways im gonna go ahead and upgrade BACk to 3. whatever whatever. BUT u said i need a universal bricker?

12. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

explain to me how u "restarded the whole process"
    see...im at the same stage as him
    my battery is pandora..but..the memcard is not i guess?
    (it just boots into black screen)
    but how did he restart?? i got a stamna battery that i really do NOT want to convert..cuz it was like 40 bucks.
    so...yeah ...please help lmao...this is rather frustraiting.

(runnin 3.52 M33-4)

13. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

take out your battery and hook up your charger to the psp. then turn your psp on.it should turn on regularly, after that just go start then go to run, type in command, hook up your psp into usb mode. anyways if your that far u should no where to pick back up if ur still lost i can help u still.

14. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

wtf universal bricker? no lol, universal unbricker v3.i already had a magic ms for a pandora, but i wanted the unbricker v3 so i used that logically format thing(where you need the cmd and all that stuff) and just followed the guide by larry.if you want universal unbricker v3 using the same battery then go to my signature.

15. Jstud757

Jstud757 Guest

o, yea okay, i gotcha, I've been confused for so long, thanks for the help

16. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

see heres the other really weird problem...
    u know how save ur Eeprom or w/e it is to the mms...
    well... i did that
    and when i tried to restore the battery back (after it set the Serial to 0XFFFFFFFF)

when i re-set it back to w/e it was
    it said
    Warning: blahblahblah somehting failed...

done...
    exiting

...and now..yeah i dunno wtf
    sooo confusing....like
    lol i thought this was supposed to be super simple n super easy
    n i have had no troubles.even back with running devhook..
    so...like wtf? lmaoo..

Also... when i put the jigstick battery and memorycard in a normal psp (fat btw)
    it automatically turns the psp ligth green? no switcing on..nothing just automatically puts the green light on...?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

no probs dude, i just love to help :p

18. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

gah help me then ! lol