1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um.. somewhat of a tec. Q

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IMK, Mar 4, 2007.

1. IMK

IMK Member

Is there anyway to use the 360 game pad on my Windows 98* computer? I know it says needs windows 2000+ but is there a patch or trick or something?

I ask because for some strange reason my SideWinder USB Game Pad wont install right, It says it needs the Window 98 start disk but My PC didnt come with 1 all I got is the 2 boot cds. I downloaded all the drivers it asks for but still it wont ever say its connected. any1 have any ideas? thanks for you help.

-Iron Maiden Knight

2. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

I don't know 100% that this is true, but I really don't think so. USB on windows 98 is MUCH different than windows 2000 or XP - making it nearly impossible to use a win2000 driver on win98 - they are both windows, but they don't speak quite the same language, especially with drivers, even more so with USB.

For you sidewinder problem, look in the windows folder, then look for a folder called options, then one called cabs - when it asks for the CD point it there. you may also find the files you need right in the root of the C drive - look for a folder called win9x or win98 ...
    In my honest opinion, I'd try to download the CD from emule or something - NOT for the purposes of piracy, but because if you call MS right now, they'll tell you to purchase Vista, they won't provide you with a CD ... I'm sure you can find the files you need on the net ... even better, upgrade to a newer computer! Good luck.