1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD and Fastloader

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jh9i, Jan 5, 2008.

1. jh9i

jh9i Member

I have a PSP version 1001, does this mean I have version 1? The reason I am asking is that I have download both UMD and Fastloader into, yes the correct directories but when I access either of them I get corrupt data. I did notice in the read me notes that the software was for PSP 1.5. Will the software work on my PSP. My PSP software version is 3.8? If yes, any suggestions on how I can get either software to work? Thanks

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

OK, something which was designed to work with the first firmware that ever came out (In the US and EU), and you're trying to run it on the newest... it doesn't work for a reason.

Any homebrew (which is what this is) will only work on PSPs with either version 1.00 or 1.50, though custom firmware also support all homebrew. This is because at first, Sony allowed unsigned code to run on the PSP, then after version 1.50, they stopped it, meaning that any homebrew would not run at all on it.

The strange thing is, you've managed to get Fastloader and presumably know exactly what it is... without noticing this, surely you will have read up about it first?

The only way you can get down to 1.50 and then install a custom firmware is using something we call a Pandora Battery, there are tons of guides about it everywhere. Though, note that you cannot create one with just the software unless you have access to a PSP with 1.50 or custom firmware in the first place.

Lastly, when you have custom firmware, you don't even need either of those programs, there is an ISO/CSO loader built in.