1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD can be taken from white container and still be playable

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by StevieMan, May 11, 2007.

1. StevieMan

StevieMan Member

Ok i just want to report that somehow i found my umd openable. I was bored so I took the umd from my desk. I tried to open it for no reason and the top kinda opened. it opened just about half-way and the umd disc was able to come out. Then I got on google to check if this was already found but all i came across were websites said that it breaks if you try to open it. I don't know how it got opened maybe it dropped on the floor all I know is that i can open it, take out the disc, pop it back in, close it and then put it back in the psp and play it.

Now, now, now please don't try to open your umds and blame me for telling you to open them because I didn't.

I'll try to get a camera to show you people.

2. broc455

broc455 Regular member

isn't that just how they rip games from PSP UMD's and just pop em in the comp rip the game from the disk convert them into iso's or cso'd and share em with the world! lol but seriously isn't that how they do it.

3. vashts121

vashts121 Member

No, this is not how they do it. UMD drives cost well over $2000. They use a program like filer to dump the UMD contents onto the memorystick, and it saves as an iso. Then they convert to cso and share.

4. broc455

broc455 Regular member

omfg!!! neva knew tat

5. broc455

broc455 Regular member

but culdn't u do it lyk tat? (i suppose it wuld be well known by now though if it was)