1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD disc at all times

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by CLS63AMG, May 28, 2007.

1. CLS63AMG

CLS63AMG Member

one question...i dunt get why we need a umd disc in the umd at all times when u run iso files?

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

to trick the system to think that the game in the umd is the iso that your playing

3. CLS63AMG

CLS63AMG Member

what if u dont use one and the iso still works?

4. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I've never needed a UMD to play my psx ISOs. I currently have two on my psp (Bloody Roar 2 and Chrono Trigger) and they work just fine.

5. CLS63AMG

CLS63AMG Member

lol im just wondering tho, if i dunt use umds when playing iso files, and they still work, will that damage my psp?

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

No it wont, but most PSP isos don't work w/o a umd, so just keep it in there, it's not like it's hurting your psp

7. jonnymint

jonnymint Member

some psp iso's will work without a umd but not many.

8. StangMch1

StangMch1 Member

you can run iso's without the umd, at least with 3.03OE-C by booting in recovery mode and turning NOUMD on

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

exactly turn on no-umd in config in recovery i think thats were it is and then after that has happened u dont need a umd in i never have umd games in unless i dont have that game on my memory card like vcs cos its 1.6gb even on 9 compression and it never works so i only have that in sometimes but i dont go on my psp much

10. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

exactly turn on no-umd in config in recovery i think thats were it is and then after that has happened u dont need a umd in i never have umd games in unless i dont have that game on my memory card like vcs cos its 1.6gb even on 9 compression and it never works so i only have that in sometimes but i dont go on my psp much