1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD disc

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by amussic, Sep 18, 2007.

1. amussic

amussic Guest

i ve got umd promo disc game and it worked fine this morning but when i tryed to play it later disc doesn't start. Is there sometnhing wrong with laser? Any ideas, thanks

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Can you elaborate? It's like saying "My UMD worked before but now it's not working"! Tell us what you did to your PSP, what you changed...

3. psp35

psp35 Regular member

try cleaning the lens.

4. amussic

amussic Guest

well the game started fine but then i wanted to play later in the evening and i couldnt started it. I didnt do anything to my psp. And I can hear that psp is reading the disc but it just doesnt start. How can i clean the lens?

5. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

hey i am having the same problem. at the xmb game menu when i insert the umd in the drive i can see the icon of umd spinning and spinning but the umd does not come on the xmb and all i can hear an ugly sound like scratching i waited a lot but umd wont come. when i toke it to shop they opened the umd drive and they holded something inside the drive with the finger then the lens started to show red light. they told me that this lens is not working. this really pisses me off. is there any way i could do something to repair it. any way please help me. when i tried to sell it they didnt even wanted to buy it for 30$. just because of the lens if my lens is ok. they will ask it for at least 60$. it all depend upon the lens please tell me how to fix it. thnx