1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD Emulator Help.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Individy, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Individy

Individy Member

I have been going through all the forums, and various sites. This forum seems to be the biggest on these subjects. So I'm a registered user as of now, and asking for your help.

I downgraded my psp 1.50 then upgraded to custom firmware 3.40 oe. I then placed the latest UMDEmulator folders where they go. I can run iso games off my memory stick, just by clicking on that game icon.

Now, I have no program called UMDEmulator, or such listed on my mem stick, just a corrupted file. This means no settings, no nothing. I don't understand what I did wrong, but the emulation is working. I also noticed my config file was never created. I just have the default files on my psp.

I would like to have access to the program and settings, and not just the emulation it is putting out.

I hope someone out there is having this problem, I couldn't find any related material online. You guys are my last hope.

2. xCirusx

xCirusx Member

You don't need UMDEmulator to run the PSP iso's or the compressed cso's. As for the settings, when you turn your PSP completely off, press and hold the right shoulder button and turn it back on, and you should see a recovery menu.

Looks like this:

Recovery mode
    Main menu

Toggle USB
    Configuration ->
    Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
    Advanced ->
    CPU Speed ->
    Plugins ->
    Registry hacks ->
    Exit

------------------------------------------------------------------

You can change the cpu settings (obviously) under CPU Speed. and mix with many other things under Configuration and Advanced. However, under Advanced you can write to the PSP's flash... which you don't want to do if you don't know what your doing!!!

Also, if you format your stick, you'll get the correct the folder structure that will show you where to put your stuff, like isos and homebrew

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  3. Individy

Individy Member

I just wanted to get back with you, I do appreciate the quick response. I'm not sure what I was doing with the UMDEmulator but it still doesn't operate. I ended up taking it off my psp. As for my files, I still have full access.

Thanks again.