1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD not working, can I still play off mem stick?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ScorpsPSP, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

I am operating with 3.40 OE-A firmware and 2 weeks ago my UMD stopped working and therefore unable to play anything from my memory stick.

After taking it to the shop I purchased it from and getting it back in the same condition (Thank god!) I have been advised that I have to contact Sony directly.

This gives me a chance to sort a pandora's battery if necessary if I have to send it to Sony but in the meantime doe anyone know if I can play from the memory stick without the UMD working?

Do I need to upgrade to a newer firmware?

Thanks

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

you can but the no umd mode on 3.40oe isn't that good,the 3.52m33 no umd mode is a lot better

3. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

Let me get this right, when I turn on my psp and press top right button at same time I get the menu to turn off the UMD, is that right? If it don't work on 3.4 OE-A I will upgrade.

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

you mean recovery mode,yes just turn the psp on whilst holding the r button down,now go to configuration and change the umd mode

5. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

Excellent, thanks for the information, thats a great help