1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD Reader Broken?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jwv8518, Apr 22, 2007.

1. jwv8518

jwv8518 Member

Hello i can;t get my psp to read umd when i put a umd in side i don;t even here the umd spin i know its not the lense cuz i cleans it. Also i tried takeing out the battery then puuting in after a few minutes of waiting that didn;t work either. is there a way to fix it if so plz let me know i would really appritiate it.

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

You probably messed the lens up trying to clean it bro. Also, which firmware are you in?

3. jwv8518

jwv8518 Member

first of all it died before i cleaned the lens also i don;t think its the lense it just won;t wrok perioed it doesn;t turn on the umd don;t spin and what does the firmeware have anything to do with it>?

4. fish2121

fish2121 Member

i know you can buy the UMD readers on ebay because they sell allsorts of parts on their. However im not exactly sure on how to take the psp apart and fit them. Thats the only way i can think of fixing it but there are probably other options.

5. jwv8518

jwv8518 Member

gee man thanks for the obviouse but i don;t hink its broken u just think something got unpluged and needs to be pluged inside