1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD required for 3.40 oe-a?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kingrob, Aug 18, 2007.

1. kingrob

kingrob Member

Hi Guys,
    I successfully downgraded/updraged from 2.81, to 1.5 to 3.40oe-a. Absolutely fantastic!
    However, is there a bit of software that is available to prevent me from having to have a game umd in the psp for me to run iso's?
    Tried running fifa/gta with a Movie UMD, and got no joy.
    Put in Lumines, and the ISO's work a treat.

Is there anything availalbe to run iso's without a UMD?

Next step is PSX games - Tomb Raiders, Gran Turismo, MGS, etc. I guess ISO hunt is best to find the iso's (PBP), as Black-Cats is upto full membership, and not too sure of other sites for information.

Rob

2. madisongo

madisongo Member

cfw to 3.52m33-2... so u can play iso w/o umd

3. kingrob

kingrob Member

How stable is the f/w?

thanks

4. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

quite stable i guess

but ive been reading around and ppl are getting weird problems.

although im not entirely sure they have not been messing with their flash folders.

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

I have messed with my f0 on 3.52 M33, not a single error here.

6. sonypsfan

sonypsfan Member

Once in USB mode, copy/paste or drag/drop your image/game into the ISO folder in the root of the stick.

Now, get out of USB mode, and check in the game section, under memory stick or so, check if the game is there.

Ok, so since you checked that the game is there, turn off your PSP completely.

To turn off your PSP completely, you hold the off button for about 5 seconds, and it will be off.

Now you will need to go to the recovery mode. Hold the R shoulder button, and while holding it, turn on the PSP, you will see a blue Screen

In the main menu in the recovery mode, scoll down to configuration, and press X and do the following:

To disable an option, just highlight it, and press X, if it says ENABLED, then you click X to make it DISABLED

Use no UMD: Enable it

I have FAKE REGION at disabled as well for some reason, make sure it is like that

FREE UMD REGION" have it disabled as well

SET GAME FOLDER HOMEBREW TO 1.50 KERNEL.

Ok, now go to back, and back out to the main menu.

Now scroll down to ADVANCED, and then go to ADVANCED CONFIGURATION

Disable all of 3 options in there.

Back out, and exit the recovery mode. Now you migh have lost your wallpaper, so set your wallpaper again if you had a picture as your wallpaper. Nothing scary

Ok, now go to the game section, scroll down to Memory Stick, and launch the game without the need of a UMD.

7. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

i have heard that the no umd needed mode for 3.40oe isn't compatible for a lot of games,but the m33 no umd needed has a much higher compatability level so if you want to play without umd then maybe you should go upto 3.52m33-4

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007