1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD rip, dump HELP with 3.03 OE-B

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by taspankya, Jan 17, 2007.

1. taspankya

taspankya Member

I have firmware 3.03 OE-B. What am i missing? Is there a UMD ripper/dumper out there that I am overseeing cause all the ones i have tried do not work. Well first off there is fastloader v0.7 and all i get is corrupt data in my game menu - so thats out. UmdNetRipper was executed perfectly by me (i even had to put the config.txt in the game folder rather than the game150 so that it would load, which it did, then it still had problems and everything was networked correctly it just kept counting down and said push HOME to exit where it freezes anyway - so thats out. then i tried filer 2.5 and even after i got it in english i still couldnt understand what the fusk was going on. I have tried many different tutorials on all 3 of these methods and NOTHING WORKS. Please help me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. taspankya

taspankya Member

bump... anyone?

3. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

umd dax dumper works well. if your running kernal 3.03 put the files in the GAME150 folder. if your running 1.5 kernal put them in the GAME folder. i've used it many times.

get it here. http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/446

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  4. BludRayne

BludRayne Member

Do a quick search on fastloader, there's a good guide on how to fix it. Really easy process.

5. BludRayne

BludRayne Member

6. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

lol, it does work. i use fastloader as well. just thought i'd offer up daxdumper since it works as is, without any modifications needed.

7. guano

guano Regular member

Daxdumper is WAY more complicated than Fastloader. lol

It also requires a lot of running around, collecting the right files. And there is a lot of set up work. If you don't do ONE thing right, it all messes up on you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  8. morronga6

morronga6 Member

the memory stick is no longer a problem... I rip marvel ultimate alliance with no problem. then used "umdgen" to edit it and it worked perfect. I am also running 3.03 oe-b. Here is the info from the read me file...

USB Special System Storage 1.00

This is the tool which mounts system data and system device to USB Storage.
    It can mount the following device onto virtual FAT16 and connects it to USB MassStorage.

1.UMD ISO9660 image.
    2.Sysytem Memories and some registers.
    3.lflash(NANDflashROM) pertation image.
    4.lflash(NANDflashROM) direct. (FAT12 direct file access)

It is mounted in ReadOnly except the NORMAL mode.
    So the flashROM and system data are safely protected.

The UMD can read direct from PC without dump process.
    Use UMDGEN or DAEMON Tool to access the file of UMD.

Be careful that PC cache's does not realtime read when reading Memory and Register twice.

Enjoy!

have fun!!!!!!!!

9. morronga6

morronga6 Member

sorry guys didnt preview before posting.....Mod feel free to delete previous post

I Tried the "USB Special System Storage 1.00" (search it on google, if you can find it PM me) yesterday and it is awesome. It saves directly to the computer, that means space in the memory stick is no longer a problem... I rip marvel ultimate alliance with no problem. then used "umdgen" to edit it and it worked perfect. I am also running 3.03 oe-b. Here is the info from the read me file...

USB Special System Storage 1.00

This is the tool which mounts system data and system device to USB Storage.
    It can mount the following device onto virtual FAT16 and connects it to USB MassStorage.

1.UMD ISO9660 image.
    2.Sysytem Memories and some registers.
    3.lflash(NANDflashROM) pertation image.
    4.lflash(NANDflashROM) direct. (FAT12 direct file access)

It is mounted in ReadOnly except the NORMAL mode.
    So the flashROM and system data are safely protected.

The UMD can read direct from PC without dump process.
    Use UMDGEN or DAEMON Tool to access the file of UMD.

Be careful that PC cache's does not realtime read when reading Memory and Register twice.

Enjoy!

have fun!!!!!!!!

10. taspankya

taspankya Member

wow usb special system storage worked like gangbusters! thats the answer i was looking for, thanks.

11. morronga6

morronga6 Member

no problem.... i love this little tool... now i can back up all my new UMDs

12. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

does this work with 3.40oe-a? if so where do I put the file? do I put the usbss_100 to the root directory?

13. morronga6

morronga6 Member

it does work on 3.40 oe-a... i just tested it to make sure and it worked... you save it like everything else on game150 folder, connect the usb cable, and then run it like a game, i choose the first option that is "virtual fat16. umd iso-900", its going to connect, after that look for the psp drive on the computer in my case its E:\ and just drag the icon to a folder or where ever you want to save it..... after that u know what to do.. use umdgen to edit the umd or iso to cso converter to compress it i use cdvd_iml2iso v5.0 but there are a million others that do the same thing... there might be another way but this way works for me... so if its not broken dont fix it...plus it doesnt take space on the memory stick wich is my favorite thing about this little program

14. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

ok, thanks for the reply. I was able to find the special system storage on the psp and when I tried to run it It came back with "the game could not be started(8002014c)" message. I've restarted the psp and get the same thing. oh and also my psp doesnt have a game150 folder it just has game.

thanks again for your help.

15. morronga6

morronga6 Member

thats weird it should have a "game150" folder if you are running 3.40 oe-a... if not add the folder inside the psp folder "e:\psp\game150" there is where you will run all the homebrews and emulators and little applications from. you shoulnt have a problem after that. did you upgrate straight from a 1.50 to 3.40 oe-a or did you have 3.03 oe-b or any other of the oe firmware???

16. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

yep it came with 2.71 then went I brought it down to 1.5 up to 3.40 oe-a. so should I just rename the "game" folder to "game150"?

thanks

17. morronga6

morronga6 Member

ohhh ok... no, dont rename the folder because because u still use that folder for other things (psx games) so just make a folder on the psp and name it "game150" example: "e:\psp\game150"

18. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

ok got it to work. did have to add in the Game150 folder like you said and then ran it and it connected and a iso image poped up on my computer screen!! :) now how do I save this image to my computer to play afterwards? just copy and paist to a folder on my pc? Then when I want to play it what do I do then?

thanks

19. morronga6

morronga6 Member

save it where ever you want on your computer. if you want just drag it to your desktop... its going to take a couple of minutes and some numbers are going to be moving on the psp. after its done press x on the psp and your done... whatever is on your desktop now is your game. u can now save that file on you iso folder in your psp and play (most people edit the image to make it smaller with umdgen or compress it cso or both to make the file smaller and take less space on your stick)

20. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

cool, thanks for the help. I'm going to try it on a game that I have and see if I can get it to work. I have umdgen to compress it and save space. I only have a 1gig stick right now and say I want to get a bigger one, can I just copy the files on this one to the bigger one and work fine?

again thanks for the help. I really appreciat it.