1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD won't load PLZZZ HELP!!! DEAD UMD?!?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kjwgun, Jun 22, 2007.

1. kjwgun

kjwgun Member

Hi i have ratchet and clank size matters for about a month or so now i bought t at gamestop new and i haven't played it in a long time! I have 3.40 OE-A and so dose my brother we put the UMD ,in both of our psps and
    it shows the umd icon and the video type thing on it then we click on it you see the psp thinking that it is loading and then the screen just stays black. we tryed it on both of our psps and the same thing happens. but whe you press home it says quit game? i can hear it spinning though. PLZ any help would be GREAT...

THX

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

are both your psp OE edition (moded)

GO in to recovery mode and from cpu, set the speed from default to 266mgz. R&C has some problems where it does not load default at that right speed.

remeber to change it back when your playing something else :D

3. scrum

scrum Member

As he says, don't forget to change it back. If you forget, your psp will heat up until it finally explodes in your hands which could lead to catastrophic results. Actually not changing it back to default just causes your battery to lose it's charge quicker. I like the first explanation better though.

Also, I've read where some people have had to set the speed up to 300. If 266 doesn't work, try that.