1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMDDaxDumper Created ISOs do not work on 3.03OE-C (Error 80010002 - The Game Could Not Be Started)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tgazelle, Apr 11, 2007.

1. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

Hi there,

This forum has been great in getting me started on my modding of the PSP. I buy all my games (no interest in pirating), but I would prefer not to change UMDs all the time (risk damage and wear), not to mention reduce the games' load times and save battery life. I have a PSP that I successfully upgraded to 3.03OE-C firmware as a result in order to get the abilty to play games off the memory stick (I have a 4GB stick in there).

I had no problems with hex's excellent instructions on upgrading to 3.03OE-C.

I also used hodgins91's instructions on using UMDDAXDumper to create ISOs on the local hard drive. I was able to successfully do this over USB. I was also successful in doing it directly to memory stick. Either way, the ISOs end up in the default ISO directory on the root of the PSP. I can see the games on the PSP, but when I launch them, I get the following error:

"The Game Could Not Be Started (80010002)."

I have successfully created ISOs of Untold Legends (about 870MB) and also Ape Escape (about 740MB), but I can't play them off the memory stick, as I get that error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. boyet804

boyet804 Member

do u have a umd inside ur psp

3. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

Yes, I have a UMD inside the PSP - Spiderman 2 movie

4. SOE337

SOE337 Member

That's the problem broha, it has to be a GAME UMD. Good luck!

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

don't forget to disable noUMD mode in recovery...as most UMD rips do not work w/o that func. disabled with a UMD in the drive....

have fun m8

6. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

Hi, thanks. That worked well with putting in a game UMD (sampler disc). Just curious. Why is it that a UMD needs to be in the slot? And also, do you know why the no-UMD in the BIOS needs to be disabled (it is by default). Seems kind of strange that something was programmed so that games can play off a MS, but when you do, you still need a UMD in there.

7. SOE337

SOE337 Member

basically having a umd in the psp while running and iso file or in other words and IMAGE file, tricks the psp to think that the file is running from the umd. Outside of that i'm still learning.

don't forget to get your answers for why the iso's you created wont work! I need to know about creating legit iso's as well.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  8. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

Hi there. I found out they don't work because I had a movie UMD in the slot. Once I put a game UMD in there, the ISOs work perfectly. UMDDAXDumper works well. Thanks for your response.