1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMDEmulator v0.8c

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lucifa666, Feb 25, 2007.

1. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

Hi does anyone know how to use this? and where to get it from? What is the best way to save games on mem stick so u can play without the original, What programs would i need? Any advice is much appreciated!!!

2. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

I use USBSSS (USB Special System Storage). What it does is it mounts your UMD drive through a USB cable so you can manually drag and drop the ISO anywhere on your computer. Then, download UMDEmulator v0.8, and place the ISO file in the root of your memory stick in a folder called ISO (all caps). Run UMD Emulator and play.

3. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

Thanks alot i will try that!!!

4. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

I found a program named UMDGEN v2.0 and you can rip the iso straght from the psp, delete any unwanted parts and save to pc. i cant try this yet as i left my psp at a mates house. What i relly wanted to do was save the iso onto my mem stick so i could play the game on my psp without the original UMD, Do u know if this is possible and if so give a few pointers thanks.

5. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

UMDGen is strictly a PC-side application. It allows you to compile the folder PSP_GAME and the file UMD_DATA.BIN into an ISO image. But using USBSSS, you can just drag and drop on your computer, and rename the file to whatever you want. Then, place the ISO in ms0:\ISO ( ms0 is the same as Removable Disk (F:\) or whatever drive letter your PSP is), and ISO is a folder you create (all caps). As far as loading, just launch UMD emulator and select the ISO. You can get UMD emulator (AKA Fastloader) from here: http://www.pspcrazy.com/pspdownloads/Humma. Kavula Fast Loader v0.7 [42549].zip

And if you're still stuck, follow this guide: http://www.pspcrazy.com/index.php?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=49

6. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

thanks , but dose that allow me to play the game on my psp without the orignal UMD by saveing the game iso onto a mem stick? or just play on my pc? thanks again.

7. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

You cant play psp games on the pc atm. But yes you can play umd games without the original disk by putting it on your memory card.

8. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

My sentiments exactly. There is a PSP emulator out, but all it does is play the homebrew applications (minus kernel mode).

9. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

thanks, it says that in kazangwa tut. maby i should have read it first!!! Is a 1gb mem stick enough for a couple of games, how big r some of the games if u know? thanks ! as i read that a UMD can hold up to 1.8gb, is that right!!!

10. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

cheers kazangwa that tut is just what i needed thanks!

11. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

dose any one have a link to get USBSSS.

12. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

I forgot where I got it, but i'll upload it to RapidShare once I get home.

13. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

cheers, but now i have to get rapid share. Is it any good?

14. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

rapid share is a website :0p

15. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

how the hell do u use rapidshare? how do i search and download?

16. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  17. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

your right i didnt look hard enough, Im on dial up and it takes ages to do anything!!! thanks alot that helped more than u know!

18. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

no probs,i dunno how you cope on dail up :0p

19. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

what about how many games can u fit onto a 1gb mem stick? I know diffrent games r diffrent sizes, But can u fit even 1 game on 1gb mem stick. as i read a UMD can hold 1.8gb ?

20. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

most games should fit on a 1gb stick,theres ripkits for some games to shrink them down, have a look on MAXCONSOLE for ripkits,then you can cso them using umdgen or simillar apps