1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMDGen v4.00

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by antukuk, Mar 13, 2007.

1. antukuk

antukuk Member

Hi all,

okay im new to PSP and just installed 3.03 OE-C. Can some one tell me how to use UMDGen v4.00 I got the game on to my computer so what do i do next.... if its possible some pics telling me would be good or a small video would be even better

Look forward for any help

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

There is really nothing to learn with this. All this does is convert your image to another image file format.

Load your image in the Explorer tab and select file/save as/ and select what typ of image format you want to change to.

If you are still confused the "PSP ISO Compresser v1.4" is even more straight forward.

3. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

if you mean you have files and folder of the psp game, all you do is drag them into umdgen or open them, click save and create iso, if you want to make it smaller, download a program called YACC which is probably the best iso > cso convertor out yet.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

@sinsaint
    you say YACC is prob the best at the moment, does it compress alot?
    bcos iv got some big games and iv seen people have compressed them smaller than i have. i use both umdgen and danny kay's iso compressor at the moment but there still to big for my ms.
    cheerz mate.

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

to make my isos smaller this is what i do, i rebuild the iso with GNIE ExPERT_v105 then open the iso with umdgen and inside the
    PSP_GAME \SYSDIR folder delete the UPDATE folder and the BOOT.BIN file(you dont need this)
    then save as a cso or iso

ExPERT_v105
    http://www.alucard.cc/forums/index.php?topic=519.0
    umdgen
    http://umdgen.ps3news.com/utilities.html

or you can use a ripkit
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=139

or rip the game yourself with umdgen
    http://eternal-psp.a22.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=31

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  6. antukuk

antukuk Member

okay im prob doing something wrong now i made an iso folder and placed the need_for_speed.iso.cso the thing is the game is slowww. My question is.. is this normal or am i doing something wrong

look forward to any feedback

ps im on 3.03 OE-C

7. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

some games dont work well when compressed (cso)

8. antukuk

antukuk Member

ooo sorry this may sound a sill question how do i get round that then??

Thanks

9. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i dont know much about the custom firmware options but if you can run the clock speed at 333 try it,or you can turn the cso into a iso you can use umdgen or iso compressor to do it
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/900

10. antukuk

antukuk Member

yeah i tried 333 didnt make much diffrence so will try iso see if it makes a diffrences.

Thanks for your help

11. antukuk

antukuk Member

arrr cool if i just save the iso file games work fine just like running the umd, but it is a big file tho eats up like most off my 2 GB memory stick

any one like to tell me what a DAX, JSO is plz do i need to install any new software on my psp

Thanks in advance

12. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

dax and jso are other forms of compression i dont know if the custom firmware supports them or if they will work better than cso

read my first post ,you can make the iso smaller without compression

i know, it sucks thats why i'm thinking to get a 4gb memory stick

13. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Explain this because I am confused how can you change the game if its on a disk or is the data written on the memory card that is all that is changed why would you need too extract the iso image too make this work you could not rewrite the new image on the disk so how would this work I found you can make it so you won't have too see blurry when killing in manhunt 2.

I am really not sure how too do this I know its explained but do I need this program too do it.

from gamfaqs manhunt 2

A lot of people are still asking about this so I'm just gonna post what I got from the link Haunter_93 gave me. Updated from my last one with how to take the black fade out each time you strike someone in an execution.

Taken from www.maxconsole.com but combined both guides so it takes both the blur and black fade out.
    ---
    1. Open ISO in UMDGEN

2. Extract PSP_GAME\USRDIR\GLOBAL\LVLSETUP.INI and
    PSP_GAME\USRDIR\LEVELS\A01_ES\GLVLSET.INI

3. Open this files (with notebook) and find
    Code:
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE FE_execramps
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 0.25, 0.6, 0.3
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

4.Delete FE execramps and change the 0.25 next to FLASH_TIMES to 200

So it now should look like this:
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 200, 0.6, 0.3
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

5. Replace original file in PSP_GAME\USRDIR\GLOBAL\LVLSETUP.INI
    6. Replace original files in all levels in PSP_GAME\USRDIR\LEVELS\ with GLVLSET.INI
    7. Save iso
    8. Play
    ---
    Note:If you have a cso convert it back to an iso by using UMDGen V4.00 by going into the "Batch Image Converter" tab and dragging the cso into the window and press "Start Batch Conversion" button.
    ---
    (+[MHF]·:·)
    Those who disapprove the use of homebrews are mostly those unable to use them.

MANHUNT2

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  14. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I just spent ages doing that to manhunt 2, when i finished i deleted the wrong cso and got left with the cut version lol!

15. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you play the game from the memory stick,after you change the game you transfer the full iso to your memory stick

you will need a psp with a custom firmware (3.52M33 or 3.71M33) to be able to load isos from the memory stick

there is a auto patcher
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1341

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007