1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ummm..how much is a modchip that can play jap isos??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Betablade, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Betablade

Betablade Member

how much is a modchip that can play jap isos( i hope it is not a lot of money!!) and will having a mod chip in the ps2 burn out the system after a while???(to where it does not work????

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Swap magic can play jap iso's just fine, and costs 20 bucks.

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yah, but depending on what ps2 version you have, you will have to do some sort of mod to your console to allow the boot discs to work. (ex. fliptop, slidecard, slimtool, tapemod, ghostswitch)
    The fliptop is probably the most costly of these choices, but it is normally the best choice.

4. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

if you have a Slimline PS2 you should not "chip" it in my opinion.
    I bought Swap Magic 3.3 and a SLIMTOOL from

http://www.pop-uk.info

I still have my warranty intact and I play all my backups and imports!

5. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

Yep I heard about that, do you have to clip the thing on the lid of your PStwo off?

6. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

no you dont have to alter your PS2 in any way! You simply clip the Slim-Tool in to place and thats it.
    I dont really have time to type a tutorial but they have an installation guide on the site.
    Belive me I would not have used this method if I had to start cutting bits off.....ouch!

7. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

I am in australia and I realised we have a similiar thing on http://www.realgamer.com.au and it has a thing with swap magic 3.3 for 30 something AU which is about 22USD