1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Un-needed slowdown

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by bangtajra, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bangtajra

bangtajra Member

Ok, bare with me, I've been away from the homebrew scene for a awhile. I don't consider myself a "Noob" or whatever it is people call new people. I know how to downgrade/install firmwares/custom firmwares and all of that. My current version is 3.40 OE-A. I know how to put PSP ISOs on my psp, same with PS1 ISOs on it as well. I recently put on Breath Of Fire IV. I didn't get it off a torrent, its my own copy. I wanted to play it again, so why not play it portable ya know.

So, I'm playing it, and all the time, there is un-needed slow down. Like, when I'm running around a dungeon or a village, the slowdown is just plain horrible and annoying. Keep in mind, I've run games graphically wise, much more better than BOF IV. BOF IV looks like an SNES game compared to other PS1 games I've run on my psp, like Crash bandicoot and FFVIII.

Since I've been away for so long, I was wondering if someone could help me, or if someone has had the same problems I've had. I've searched topics about this problem, to no avail, nothing came up. Please don't flame.

What is the best version I can upgrade my Psp up to now, is there anything better than 3.40 OE-A?

Also, the popstation I'm using to turn my ISO images files into an EBOOT.PBP is simple popstation GUI by Zanga burga (I think thats who it is)

Is there any thing anyone could help me out with to make this game have no slowdown? I never put compression up either, left it with no compression, plus I have clocked my CPU speed at 333.

Thank you very much everyone for your answers, and your time.

2. bangtajra

bangtajra Member

3. bangtajra

bangtajra Member

Anyone!? Please!?

4. bangtajra

bangtajra Member

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  6. bangtajra

bangtajra Member

nope, I bought my mem stick in gamestop, official sony memstick about a year and a half ago, its been working fine ever since. Any other suggestions?

7. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Its either a bad eboot, which you should redo with a different App.
    But first you should increase the cpu speed in recovery, try that first and then reply.