1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to access D-link port forwarding settings.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by savooie, Feb 6, 2007.

1. savooie

savooie Member

Hello i have ran into a problem with my router that i am currently using. Iv recently downloaded Bit Torrent and i was told i need to open up some forward ports on my D-Link 604 router. I followed the directions by putting my "static ip" in the search bar and it came up with a login screen, in every other case it may seem that the username and password are default, meaning the username would just be as "admin". I put the following in and nothing happened, it was rejected as "incorrect". i am not sure why other tha my information has been changed somehow. IS there anyway i am able to find out what my username and password was changed too by using a certain utility??? or am i just freaked? my internet is running drastically slow and im in dire need of getting to my router settings please someone help me if you are able too.! also i have tryed reformatting my pc to possibly force the router back to the default password but it was not successful so i have basically run out of ideas... HELP!

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

What you need to do is hit the reset button on the router. It should be one of those buttons you need a pen or something to press with.

You manual should have better instructions on where it is and how to do it. Manual is probably available online at the D-link website.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum