1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to backup CSI season 5

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lostjak, Nov 2, 2007.

1. lostjak

lostjak Member

I have tried every program I own (which is a lot) and I can not get a backup of CSI season 5. I tried any dvd, DvdFab Plat, I tried Fairuse... normally any one of those would have worked... but not this time. Any advice?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

we would/could have more advice if you could tell us what's going on when you can't copy! Instead of crying that you can't copy it, why not say what error message you're getting and/or what you did try to correct it! This could be as easy as a dirty disk to a bad press but members can only guess if you don't give more information on how you can't copy this DVD!

3. lostjak

lostjak Member

You don't need to be a jerk.
    Obviously YOU aren't having trouble... and since I have multiple programs I have tried ... I have had multiple errors. So Excuse me for bothering you. I just wondered if anyone else had that problem & a possible why.

4. lostjak

lostjak Member

You certainally don't make me feel very welcome here. I have not been able to back up any of the 12 discs. So I doubt it is a problem with that. I didn't write down what the errors were. Most of them take place at the end of the copy process but before the burn. If seems like an encryption that isn't getting unlocked at the very end of the disc... on all discs.
    I'm sorry if I needed to post this in the NEWBIE forum. I (being a NEWBIE) didn't know that. I was just curious as this is the first and ONLY dvds I have not been able to back up.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

did I call you names???? I might come on strongly but I surely didn't call you names...... just that no one can help you until give a little more information about your problem that you are having. I apologize to you and I really didn't mean to come off as a "jerk"! If I did so I certainly apologize again for the infraction.

now.... if you can tell us more about your problems with this disk.... I'm sure it doesn't have a new encryption that won't be able to break for copying! what programs are you using? if you are using Nero can you produce a Nero log? and can you tell me some of the error messages you are getting with what programs being used so experience members can help you out.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

don't worry about it ..... I surely didn't intend to hurt your feelings...... and I have a thick skin.... but try to refrain from name calling or flaming.. it's against forum rules.... I will try to help you out as much as I can.... again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.... I certainly don't want you to think that I am a "jerk"! sooo lets move on so you can get help....... oh.........

Welcome to Afterdawn.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if using DVDFab Hd Decrypter or DVDDecrypter and you have an error at the end of the disk .. it could be that your disk is dirty and it can't be read so it can't write to the hard drive. If you can give a little more information..... would go along way to helping you out.

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I hope I didn't scare you off. I'm sorryyyyyyyyy!

9. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Hello lostjak, welcome to AfterDawn.

A couple questions . . are you getting CRC errors? Are you able to rip any of the discs to your hard drive? Is is a 'shrink to fit' problem? Maybe you have 'unreferenced' frames?

You've got me curious now . . gonna have to go rent ine of the discs and play with it . . .

Don't let IHoe put you off, I'm sure that no harm was intended . . .

Victor

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Could be your problem, as far as I know CSI Season 5 has only 7 disks to it, none of which gave me a problem with RipIt4Me of AnyDVD. Sounds like something else is going on.

11. lostjak

lostjak Member

I tried dvdclone with anydvd running and it is telling me that I need to clean the discs. (I was thinking of the young Indy set which was 12 and you are correct this is only 7) Anyway it says that for every disc.... could this be? It definately must be me if no one else had a problem ... and that's the info I was after. Thanks for your help!

12. lostjak

lostjak Member

Thank Victor! I love learning this stuff and more & more & I have read a lot of posts here. All of you have taught me everything I know (which might not be much) about this. And I think I was just having a bad day and over reacted. Sorry!
    Sounds like this is just a problem with me! I back up my discs all the time & since I purchased DVDFab Platinum I haven't had any problems. The other day I hit something that didn't work with that program so I got the trial of anydvd & dvdclone which did work. Now this. No I don't think it was shrink to fit problem. I can't remember the error I got with dvdfab. I'll have to recheck it. But I did get the clean the disc error with dvdclone/anydvd. It just strikes me as odd because they are brand new and it happened on all the discs. I will try to learn to keep track of the errors if I write about a problem again. And I appreciate all the help everyone tried to give!

13. lostjak

lostjak Member

No you didn't. I just gave up to tell you the truth. I spent most of a day trying to sort it out. Hopefully if I have a question again I will post it more intelligently! I really learn a lot here and I appreciate everyone very much!Thanks!