1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to backup Ghost Rider & Blood Diamond

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pedge76, Jul 4, 2007.

1. pedge76

pedge76 Member

OK, I've done a forum search and still haven't found a solution. I'm trying to make backups of Ghost Rider and Blood Diamond from original PAL discs.
    I've tried DVD Shrink, AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Ripitforme, DVDFab and Decrypter, but without success.
    I've my DVD Rom and writer on both my PCs', but these don't appear to be recognised. They play on one PC, but crash on the other when I try to play them. However, the discs are always recognised in all my drives in both PCs. When attempting to carry out the backup, I am either shown an Audio TS and Video TS folders, or just the Video TS folder (depending on the program I am using), but when I try to expand the Video TS folder it is empty.

Any other films I have to attempted to backup after this have been fine, so I don't believe my drives are at fault.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

clonedvd 2 and anydvd or DVDFab decrypter will backup both movies fine.

check for a firmware update for your drive.assuming the dvds aren't bad/scratched/dirty

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

3. colw

colw Active member

Blood Diamond done with DVD Shrink and AnyDvd - no probs. Haven't tried the other one yet.

4. gamename

gamename Regular member

dvdfab and nero recode, worked just fine.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I must admit that Ghost Rider took a little bit longer for me to copy than normal. Heavy encryptions but still AnyDVD + CloneDVD worked! So did DVDFab Platinum! I also used AnyDVD ripper and then used DVDRebuilder Pro w/CCE and it worked fine.... just longer times! Remember to use qaulity media when burning! MIJs are the best!

6. dhansuk

dhansuk Member

Blood Diamond burns just fine with DVD Shrink, no problems all.

7. callee

callee Member

You're not the only one having problems with Ghost Rider.

I have used AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter, PowerDVD Copy and Nero StartSmart (probably not the best Nero but the only one I have access to right now).

I managed to make a back-up on the Hard Drive with DVD Decrypter - but when I go to play it on the PC I have no sound - and yes, my speakers are fine.

When I try to go straight from DVD to DVD through PowerDVDCopy after AnyDVD is finished, it gets through the analysising part, but when Copying starts it pops up a message telling me the movies is not in DVD Video format and can't do anything.

HELP!!!!

I have DVDFab Decrypter - the free version, and no idea how to use it.

If someone can give me specific instructions, as I really don't have much experience with this sort of this, I would very much appreciate it.

Oh by the way, I'm in Australia if that makes a difference to anything.

8. cd250481

cd250481 Member

I have this problem sometimes but what i do is save it to my hard drive first and then burn to a disc afterwards using nero. Hope this helps for you.

9. callee

callee Member

Tried this - still not working, unless I'm doing something wrong.

It's on my hard drive - but I can't play it with sound. And Nero keeps telling me its not in DVD Video format as well. Any other ideas?

10. ozjohnd

ozjohnd Member

your not doing anything wrong and your gear is fine,you wont backup Ghost Rider with shrink or clone dvd2, fab will,,but 2 disc's,Blood diamond shouldn't be a problem though.

11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I did ghost rider with AnyDVD and Nero Recode seems like if Shrink, DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD won't work I switch to AnyDVD and Recode combo

12. smango

smango Member

Hey, i have read all the above threads and tried various combinations of the programs mentioned. I'm trying to back up a PAL version of Ghost Rider.
    I tried it with Any DVD/Clone DVD2 combination, clone failed to open files even with ANY DVD operating.
    DVDFAB decyrpter fails every time and closes saying there was an error and it needs to shutdown.
    The guys that mentioned they where successful in backing it up, was it a PAL version and what was version number of the programs you used could this be a problem if the versions i'm usuing are a bit old?
    Frustrated , any advice would be appreciated

13. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

smango Try doing the Movie Only! with Clonedvd 2 + anydvd

14. ogden2

ogden2 Member

This is how i backup Ghost Rider PAL Version.

Use ANYDVD Version 6.1.6.5 to Rip video DVD to
    Hardrive, should be about 6.48gb when done.

Then use DVD Shrink 3.2 and open the folder
    that you saved the movie to on your hardrive.

And the rest is up to you, compress it or leave
    it as a DVD-9......

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  15. smango

smango Member

Thanks MichaelP1 & Ogden 2.I updated my version of Anydvd to 6.1.6.5 and found it better. However Clone dvd2 still had issues with processing it.(Navigation pack ov0bu 4 86 33 clone 6tce) was the failure code it gave me. Any way usuing DVDdecrpyter i ripped it to HDD, then DVD shrink 3.2 found "invalid data" in one of the VOB files and would not open the file. So, frusrtated it still wasn't working i remebered usuing VobBlanker in the past for Narina. I passed the files through VobBlanker & then tried DVDShrink again, this time success. I hope this helps anybody whos found the same problems.

16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

using the anydvd ripper first should do it too saving you lots of steps

1. anydvd ripper, ripping the file to your HD
    2. transcode with clonedvd 2 or dvd shink (movie only)
    3. and burn to disc

make sure ALL programs are updated

17. TheLatics

TheLatics Member

I simply used Ripit4me, which seemed to have stopped 2nd time round with dvd decrypter, but I clicked on the rip icon in decrypter and it finished the job perfectly, then used shrink.

18. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I don't know how long Ripit4me is going to work. It was a great program! Hey, if it works use it.