1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to backup NCAA March Madness 07

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cleargold, Jan 30, 2007.

1. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

I am using the SH-D162C and XBC. I have backed up over 50 games but this one is not even reading. When I put the disc in the drive it reads as XGD2DVD_NTSC as opposed to the regular XBOX360. Then when I try to rip it gives an errot that it XBC can not recognize the current partition. What is this, this is a new disc and I have never seen this before. All the settings are set to 360 but it should not matter as it is not even being read normally. Any insight on this situation or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

2. DAMANAMS

DAMANAMS Regular member

THANK YOU!!!!! Hey man If you search my posts I put this on here 2 weeks ago. We need a senior person that knows what they are doing to look into this issue!

3. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

Is there anyone out there that has backed this up sucsessfully

4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

it has been backed up sucessfully, as it is on torrent sites, maybe since you own a legit copy you should download it, i dont think thats illegal since you OWN it but i may be wrong, check your laws before downloading it, but if its fine thats what i would do, since your having issues with it

5. DAMANAMS

DAMANAMS Regular member

On all torrent sites it is the same torrent by protocol. it doesnt play on hitachi drives. But the bigger problem should be, is this going to happen going forward?

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i have backed that game up perfect. it could also be the original you are using, i had problems backup in nhl 07 at first, turned out to be the game it self. just brought it back to the store and tried it again and it worked no problem.

7. DAMANAMS

DAMANAMS Regular member

OK i"ll try it again

8. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

DAM did you get it to work
    SOHC did you use the SH-D162C
    I may need to take it back for another copy

9. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

actually at the time it was out, i don;t think the sh-d162c drive was available, i actually used the 360(ms21) to rip that game. hope this helps.

10. DAMANAMS

DAMANAMS Regular member

Its a no go again. I got the same message.

11. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

Ok so that answers that
    So I will ask again, has anybody used the SH-D162C to backup NCAA 07 March Madness. If you have done it using another method that is great but for this thread it is irrelevant. So far there are 2 of us that can not and we are both getting the same error in XBC. Also when the disc loads in windows it reads as XGD2DVD_NTSC as opposed to the traditional XBOX360.
    ANY insight pertaining to THIS problem would be greatly appreciated.

12. cwa255

cwa255 Guest

simplest method:

1. launch XBC v2.3
    2. select Drive Tools
    3. Unlock Drive--press this twice to get it to recognize the partition size correctly (that's the bug in it--no big deal--its NOT always automatically detected)--ignore the response that says drive is already unlocked--that's the KREON firmware doing its job, I suspect.
    4. READ image--select "current partion" NOT "complete backup
    5. XBC v2.3--go back to Drive Tools and extract all three (SS, PFI and DMI)--YES definately all 3!
    ---2kb each in size
    6. save to same folder as the .iso that XBC v2.3 created earlier
    7. Launch SS Merger 1.7b--select ALL 4 files
    8. ignore the request to do an on-line Xtereme verfication--select NO when prompted.
    9. press the MERGE button--this takes about 30-45 minutes to merge the new complete ISO
    10. Burn wih ImgBurn v2.1..I used 4x speed on Verbatim DVD +R DL media

works exactly as it should, this is the DEFACTO STANDARD for ripping and burning these newer 360 games with SH-D162B KREON v.81 drives.

13. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

ok ok, i have just tried to rip this game with my sh-d162c drive and i had success. i used schtrom360extract3.0. i find the newer release of schtrom sucks, try 3.0 and now i have 2 backups of ncaa.

14. effigy1

effigy1 Member

-- Same problem here. Fuzion Frenzy 2 is in XGD2dvd_NTSC format. So far, our only options are ISO BUSTER and wxripper? Blah! I hope we get a new ripper like schrotom soon!

15. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

so I cant get either one of he ways you guys have described to work

I have no clue how to use schtrom so help on that would be great
    and
    I cant get the files to merge with merger i get an error saying that the file is xtreme size or that it is to small for xtreme when I hit the merge button and lso the merge option under file or whatever it is in the toolbar

16. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

maybe it is just the disc you are using. since you own the game why don;t you just go rent a copy and rip that. it can be backed up because i have done so, and all these programs aren't working so maybe it is something else.

17. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

You may be right I was going to return it but I lost the receipt and I guess i will try BB to se if they have a copy in. The disc does play fine though no problems with it in that department and I actually dont really like the game to much. I prefer the 2K hoops version.

i just want to make sure that I m doing this correctly so I dont face this in the future and think it is just a bad disc.

18. xsalernox

xsalernox Member

i had the same problem burning fight night 3...i have backed up alot of games doing the same method as u guys...but with game at the 0.07% mark it gave me the error box. i reseted my compuer and a hr la8er i tryed again and it workd perfect. so honestly its chance lol