1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to backup special extended DVD Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by stevengc, May 20, 2007.

1. stevengc

stevengc Member

When I make a copy of Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King the resulting ISO output file has no sound. I'm using a Sony DVD RW DRU-700A. Tried DVDFab Platinum, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

DVDFab Platinum should have no problem ripping and burning LOR-Return of the King! make sure 2 things.... (one) DVDFab Platinum is the latest version and, (two) make sure your speakers are on and the volume up!

3. stevengc

stevengc Member

I just purchased DVDFab 2 days ago, so thats not it and you gave me a good laugh, turn up the volume, really funny. This situation is really pissing me off. I know I should not have any problem. I can make copies of other DVD's I own and they work fine. So this volume thing is a real pain. I also have been working with IfoEdit. Maybe I will try disk two?

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You may have the default audio set to DTS.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm sorry if I made light of your situation..... but believe it or not.... I can't tell you that I did that once, thinking my burn was faulty and all I did was forgot to turn the speakers on!

ok..... try this..... use DVDFab HD Decrypter to burn to the hard drive then use playing software to make sure that you can play the movie from your hard drive...... then import your files from the hard drive to DVDFab Platinum and let it do it's thing! if it plays fine on your hard drive then you can be sure that it will play fine when burned to a DVD5!
    download the free program here:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

oh right..... DTS! that's another thing.... if you just recorded the DTS audio and you don't have a DTS decoder on your surround sound or your DVD player then you won't have audio at all! make sure you select the Dolby 5.1 channel!

or you recorded both audio channels and it's set to DTS so you don't have sound..... just hit your Audio button on your DVD player to select the next audio channel.... hopefully if you have both channels you will now get sound!

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  7. stevengc

stevengc Member

I turned off DTS and it worked. Thank you all for your excellent advice.

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

thank you dialysis1!

9. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

No problem.