1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to boot dvd backups with Action replay

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by noryn, Sep 7, 2004.

1. noryn

noryn Member

Hey guys I think I may know my answer but would like some more input.

First of all my ps2 is an older version I am pretty the number starts with 3, it was bought on the first day they were available in the states.

With action replay version 2 I use disc 2 (ps one disc) and can load playstation 1 backup games with no problem at all. With the 1 disc (ps2 disc) I can load backup ps2 games that ARE CD based. However when I try to do the dvd based games I get nothing. It just hangs at the insert your disk screen on action replay.

Now for the ones that work I load up action replay then do the knife trick. I use dvd decryptor, alocohol 120 and nero without any luck at all. I have tried dvd-r (memorex) and dvd+r ridata but just cant get the dvd's to load.

I have a hp 530i recorder which will do dvd -+r. I have made a copy of a movie I have and it worked great on my ps2 and dvd player. I made this with -r media however I also tried +r and it worked with my ps2.

Could my problem be that action replay version 2 just wont boot dvd based games?

2. noryn

noryn Member

Bump!

The action replay disc is a cd-rom based disc so I could see how it would not boot a dvd but was just wanting to make sure since I just bought a new hp dvd burner. I would hate to find out in a month that it wont burn ps2 backups heh. It does everything else including making backups of my dvds really well.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

get cd loader from here (burn to cd) http://www.swapmagicfix.com

1. use action replay to load cd loader
    2. hit eject and put in a big ORIGINAL ps2 dvd game
    3. hit x, should insert by ea method or something
    4. use knife trick to load backup dvd game

4. noryn

noryn Member

Wow man that worked.

I have seriously looked everywhere and read everything such as using cogswaploader but that somehow got passed me. Works perfect.

Thanks a million for your time.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you just got to make sure that the original ps2 game you are using is bigger than the backup you are trying to load.