1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to burn copied movie folders to blank DVD

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by prpro1204, Apr 26, 2007.

1. prpro1204

prpro1204 Member

I am trying to burn movie files in my [E:] drive onto to blank dvds.
    I am using 1ClickDVD Pro w/ DVD43 Decryptor.
    The copied folders play fine when dragging them onto the WinDVD screen so obviously the programs work, but why won;t these same files burn to a DVD??? When I pull up my E drive, it shows the movie folders I had copied then prompt comes up: "you have files waiting to be written to cd." (could this be the problem that it is wanting to burn them in a cd format?) I click on one to write & everything seems to be working fine display the writing progess bar as it continues to burn the file folder. It ejects automatically when finished and I reinsert it to play the newly burned DVD using my Sony Vaio laptop (same one used to copy & "burn") as well as both a Sony & Panasonic home DVD player but nothing happens; it just continues to spin while "reading..." is displayed.

My drive is a Sony DVD RW DW-Q58A version 5.1.2535.0
    Blank DVDs are Verbatim -R.
    I need someone who REALLY knows what they're talking about so they can give me a "Sesame Street" explanation and remedy. I have read tons of forums and all are COMPLETELY over my head and have no idea what it all means. I admit I am not the world's clueless to all this...just the world's 2nd clueless.
    I have already wasted 33 blank dvds of trying over a month long to get this to work! I don't know what is going on!
    Somebody please help...I'm COMPLETELY frustrated!!!

THANKS!

2. thenub

thenub Guest

i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink if you need to compress it use dvd shrink but i had the same problem all i did is use nero after ripping and compressing and made a data dvd but use the one with about 8kb size to drag them into the data dvd with nero

3. prpro1204

prpro1204 Member

Thanks, "thenub",

Best advice I've heard so far..will try it!