1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to copy discs from Blockcuster online

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cobaltsun, Aug 22, 2004.

1. cobaltsun

cobaltsun Guest

I just started my "free" trial since blcokbuster took over film caddy. However, I wasn't able to copy any of the first three discs I received with Xcopy Express. I received an error--"encrypted data"--. I tried using the newest version of Express available with dvd Xtreme as well as an older version (which has worked numerous times) with no luck.

So, is this just a coincidence that my first three discs happen to be finicky? Or, is Blockbuster doing domething to make these discs copy proof?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

Edited out for my sheer stupidty
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Stupid software companys.. making us jump through hoops to make legal backups of OUR games XD[/small]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  3. cobaltsun

cobaltsun Guest

Thanks for the reply. I just confirmed that Shrink worked perfectly- thanks for the suggestion.

Does Blockbuster use some encryption (perhaps css) that others don't use? Just curious...Never seen this before.

4. 2005

2005 Regular member

uh yea there bud... you see your renting hollywood films so they all contain CSS protection, which is why you need shrink....

OH MY, whoops it seems as what your doing is piracy... if i had realized this earlier i wouldnt have helped you.

my bad, im going to delete my old post and im sorry to the mods and admin

5. 2005

2005 Regular member

well it seems as we can now help you with that so yea... dvd shrink will help you with your dvd rental burning woes, and inlight of the new rules... happy pirating

6. drsteve

drsteve Member

DVD43 will help with the CSS problems. Search for it and download the program which is not a trial. DVD43 is *free* and has no expiry. You may also need to download Platten-Couffin (?) which I have no idea where it fits in, but it's a simple search and download (DVD43 will tell you if you don't have it)