1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to copy movies to DVD DISK

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vamelco, Sep 25, 2004.

1. vamelco

vamelco Guest

I purchased a new pc with a DVD RW. I also have the following software’s: PowerDVD,DVD Shrink 3.1, Nero Burning ROM 6.3.0.3, DVD Decrypter and Nero Express. I downloaded a movie. I open Nero - Burning Rom & I get the following message: has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Ahead Software. I click on continue and the following happens:
    A New Complication window pops up and I choose DVD Video icon
    Automatically the ISO tab info is showing,
    I click new and I get a Window that is horizontal with Compilation on top

I click on the movie I want to burn and right click on it and pick copy to compilation & get the following error message

The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD Video compilation
    Only compilation DVD video files Video _TS VOB, BUP, IFO can be added to the Video_TS folder. Please add files from acompleted DVD Video title or using an authoring software like NeroVision Express to create DVD video files from standard video files such as *avi and mpg.

Also I tired copy an original movie onto a DVD. I used DVD Shrink and it burned the ISO image on my HD, but then I thought DVD decrypter opens up and it burns the ISO image to my waiting blank DVD but that never happened. Am I not waiting long enough or did I do something wrong? Please help greatly appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's try to post in the correct forum next time shall we? Thread moved.

The movie you downloaded is most likely an AVI which is an incompatible format for burning the film using the DVD Video option in Nero.

If your ultimate goal is to be able to watch the film on a standard DVD player you need to convert it to NTSC with something like TMPGEnc then you need to run the resulting two files through an authoring app such as TMPGEnc DVD Author to put the film into the proper VOB/IFO/BUP format ready for burning to DVD.

If you simply want the AVI on disc then burn it as data.

When using Shrink after you hit the Backup! button you need to select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter" under "Select Target Device". Is this what you did?

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Nephilim,
    Some of those downloads are Bin/Cue files and a program like Alcohol 120% can be used to handle those. vamelco never did mention what type of files he downloaded. Sounds like he could have benefited by reading some of the user guides for the software he's using.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2004
  4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi vamelco,

Just a couple of suggestions, first update your Nero, there has been a lot of changes since your version:

http://nero.com/us/nero-up.php

Seeing how you have Nero, then you must know that it has a bunch of applications. You are just using the wrong one. You should try using nerovision express .
    You can find a tutorial at the website.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Fasfrank,
    He's even using an older version of DVD Shrink. There is a world of difference between 3.1 and 3.2. In fact about the biggest change that ever happened between 2 versions of the same program happened here.