1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to decrypt IRobot with normal or DVDfab Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sregor85, Sep 22, 2007.

1. sregor85

sregor85 Member

I have not long started backing up my discs, however, upon inserting IRobots and trying to shrink, i have had nothing but trouble. Shrink would not read it, i tried to decrpyt it and it stopped at 50%. i have searched afterdawn and found nothing on Irobots. I read about blades of glory, and downloaded DVDFab Decrypter and that reads error after 51.24%. i went into settings and ticked ignore all read errors automatically and it still failed. Please help...

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..then it'll be a dirty or damaged disc, or a bad press as there's nothing tricky about this movie re encryption, ie DVDFab would have ripped thru it like butter..

3. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Unless your disc is badly scratched or damaged, you could try cleaning it with a lint free cloth or you could try either of these.. they won't necessarily work though..
    1. ToothPaste "Trick"
    2. Polish "Trick"

Can't say I've ever had to use the above though; I look after my discs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  4. sregor85

sregor85 Member

would that be the same case with my star wars movies as i am having trouble with them too? I have had a look at the discs though and they are not as bad as some that i have had no problems backing up already. Thanks for your help though.

5. creaky

For the Star Wars movies you don't even need DVDFab, good old Shrink will storm thru those all on it's own..

6. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Most likely, yes. There is no copy protection on any of the aforementioned discs that would give the latest AnyDVD or DVDFabDecrypter a problem ripping them.

Edit: It seems creaky beat me to the reply, stupid "Newbie" post limit, eh? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  7. sregor85

sregor85 Member

Thanks guys, i guess the discs mustn't be too good of quality then. Because i clean all of my discs before i try to back them up. Shrink and freezes on star wars IV V and VI everytime. Thanks for all of your help though.

8. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Don't listen to Phlax about the tooth paste.I just did it on a second dic and that movie is now a write off.Thank You Phlax.In this case I blame myself for an easy fix on scratches but I got burnt in the end.I'm not allow to swear but ya,i'm **** and all because of one person. [​IMG]

9. creaky

i tried this once ages ago, i personally didn't find it to work but other people have apparently had good luck with it. If you found it to have 'wrecked' a movie then i can only assume you didn't wipe all the residue off, in which case that is your own fault. I can't possibly see how it's anyone else's fault as toothpaste won't damage a disc (unless as i say, you leave some on the disc)

10. Phlax

Phlax Guest

It's a "tried and tested" method which lots of people find works; the fact you manage to balls it up is not my fault.

11. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Sorry to disapoint you but I did wipe it clean and I did try a second disc and that disc is no good now.I know what i'm doing and maybe you did not wipe yours the right way.Something to think about.

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Everyone knows that you have to use the tooth paste with the mint flavoring. It will react with the dye and give you a "Fresh" disc. If your disc still doesn't work, at least it will make your drive smell better......

13. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Thank You bilbo65 for those kind words.You did not put me down and you replyed with laughter.You just made my day and can't stop smiling from your reply.

Many Hugs.
    Kim

14. creaky

hang on a mo, you're only using toothpaste on a retail DVD ?, or a writable DVD; someone happily tell me i'm an idiot but i certainly wouldn't use anything on a writable disc, only on a retail 'pressed' disc..

15. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

hang on your mo?I never said anything to anyone in name calling.Where did you get (idiot)from.I never said that and would not call names or say to anyone that their an idiot.I know i'm not computer smart and never said I was but don't talk to me like i'm a child learning my ABCs.Ok enough on this subject.Sorry I spoke up to begin with.This is my last say on this subject and time to move on.
    Anyone see any good movies lately?

Kim

16. creaky

woah, hang on another moment there, i'm one of the people here that's least likely to talk down to someone. Please re-read my previous reply and you will see i was referencing myself re the idiot remark. I'd appreciate not being called for something due to the misinterpretation of another.. thanks..

17. Phlax

Phlax Guest

We have more village idiots here than Texas, we don't need anymore, eh. :)

And sorry it didn't work for you mskimmy, but I believe the process is indeed meant for retail discs..

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Either way you get a nice smelling disc...