1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to determine the current visible partition

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nedepper, Feb 11, 2007.

1. nedepper

nedepper Member

Hi guys
    i am fairly new
    have the Samsung drive w the updated Kreon firmware
    80% of my backups for 360 works

many such as fusion frenzy give me this error w xbox backup creator v2.3

unable to determine the current visible partition

Since it is read problem i am unsure what to do
    I am using XP latest SP2 etc

any ideas where to turn

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

I'm seem to having the same issues. My eyes are blood shot from lack of sleep. Been on this modding senario for two days now. Still no successfull backups. C'mon fellas someone must know whats wrong.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

if your using XBC go to the disc options, or just options tab, cant recal which it is, and click the unlock drive until you get a notice that its about 6.81 gigs + and back up that current partition, then get the SS PFI and DMI files and save it to the same folder was the game image is. open up SSmerger1.7b and insert all the files into the correct spots, dont worry about checking the md5 when it asks if you want to, as it never checks it, and then uncheck the fill with video partition and check the fill with blank button. after that hit the merge button and after about 10 minutes or so you will have the image file you can burn for a working backup. if you hit the merge button and instantly get a sucess prompt it did not merge it correctly, and you need to redo it until it takes around 5-10 minutes. this method also needs to be done with NBA street, and crackdown, as well as with the new legacy game.

4. nedepper

nedepper Member

Wabashman
    thanks for the reply
    will try tonight
    DEPPEr

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

I am using xbox backup creator 2.3. I can't do a complete backup until I click on the tools tab and hit the security sector button. Only then does the file size of the disc increase to 6.81gb. Now when I click on read tab and select complete backup a message appears saying: "The disk seems to be unlocked already. By continuing the video section will be filled with empty data and will not be stealth cpmpatible. Do you want to continue". So I pressed OK! Now when I go burn the disc and select the iso DMI, PFI, SS are all present but stealth check failed.
    Is this normal or is there something wrong. I flashed my samsung TS-H943 ms-28 with the extreme 5.2d.
    I also tried upgrading xbox backup creator to 2.4 but the program wouldn't even recognise the xbox drive in the drop down list.

6. Astromic

Astromic Member

get xbox backup creator 2.4, just came out today there is a link on here for this, fixes your problems.

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

already tried that but would not bring up my xbox drive in the drop down list. So to me I'd be going from bad to worse.

8. al2003

al2003 Member

9. al2003

al2003 Member

HI i tried to follow your steps but one queestion can you be a little more pacific about the steps in ss merger 7.1 because it still gives me a problem

10. al2003

al2003 Member

It still asks me for md5 and then it doesent merge please help so can i have step by step starting from xbox creator

11. navsav

navsav Regular member

get the new versiopn of xbc as someone stated that should fix the problem.

12. nedepper

nedepper Member

ok will try xbc 4 this weekend

13. ashley19

ashley19 Member

hello i need help ive backed up about 10 diffrent games and they have all worked fine using xbox backup creator 2.3 and imgburn i have a hitachi drive and thats all i know i have no idea what firmware but everytjing was goin fine i backed up crackdown and it came up bout unable to determine current partion and so i used schtrom360 2.0 and that seemed to let me copy it and it worked fine but i just tried graw 2 using the xbc 2.3 and its still saying bout the partion crap again so i tried using schtrom and that will not let me do it either does n e 1 have n e ideas on what to do and plz simplify everything u say as i dnt really understand these technjical words u all use and am pretty new to this thanks a lot

ashley

14. steimy

steimy Active member

15. Perfectai

Perfectai Member

I just upgraded to v2.4. The start button does not light up/cant hit that button. Next to the start button a message says: This is not a true 1 to 1 copy of the image. Check read me file for more info. I read the read me file and couldn't find any explination or instruction on what to do. I have been having the error about not being able to read the current partition with the last 5-7 games I tried to back up. Hopefully we can come up with a fix. I am nowhere near edjucated enough to even begin to try to figure it out. Hopefully someone much smarter than me can. Good Luck guys. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin